Tigress, Vinci, Bradley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2020
Go big or go home! Order her a custom Rawlings!

What size glove is she using now? What size are you looking at for her? My DD used a 12” glove at SS from 12U through college.

And I’d absolutely order a custom Gloveworks over the three you named!

concur with this. At this age 14u and above just go big spend the coin cause let’s be honest if she’s been playing for awhile already then you’ve already spent plenty of coin so what’s the problem doing it again for a glove that will last the rest of her playing days. Ordered mine a custom Rawlings hoh for xmas and it’s amazing glove that she loves. She designed it on the builder then I called the myrtle beach outlet and emailed him the builder profile and ordered thru them for a discount. Think it ran me a tad over 300 but she won’t need any other glove as far as fielding. Since she’s a catchers too but she got a new glove for that. Not sure what your dd is into and looking for design wise so I’ll just say this and offer my opinion when it comes to custom gloves. Yes every kid wants to be unique and different but taste change as they get older. What’s cool at 12 and 14 to them may not be when they are 16+ so with that being said if she is wanting a custom with wild design and colors I’d prod lean towards the pop up ad see everywhere glove like 44 and go crazy with it the colors etc cause they can be had for 250 or less and if her taste changes then oh well ya spent 250 or less for a glove she used for 2yrs or so. I’m pretty lucky mine likes traditional with a twist so we ordered a custom she designed more of a traditional looking glove with her color lacing and welts etc but that’s how my kid is everyone is different. But can’t go wrong with a Rawlings, wilson 2000 etc and if ya go the cheaper route later on in the future get with annasdad on a great glove altho it’ll be a Rawlings in a classic traditional color way that’ll last a lifetime he’s the go to there on those deals that pop up time to time and she’ll have both. another option may be (looking back on it now I prob should’ve done) is order a glove she likes Rawlings Wilson whatever brand ya like most and get the name stitching then have it sent off for a more colorful relace and welt that catches her eye can price it out not sure if it would come out cheaper or not and score a awesome glove but I just went with the Rawlings custom one stop shopping.
Here’s my daughters custom but it is a more traditional colorway and not flamboyant give ya some ideas. Thanks again annasdad for the guidance when I ordered as always.
ead005726346f52eca3927efd8c840ac.jpg

d8ce38c86afe9662e79290f1940ee364.jpg

62646fd3b7b7ff917329ae37638224cd.jpg

96162edc8964f175520536c8aef69e8c.jpg

8618378599a31a29282e0ec3c78d0cf2.jpg

fdde3b98589af248824c0d277f2be5ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Bradley’s, Tigress, Rawlings, 44 all come from the same factory. Rawlings does have their own sourced leathers though.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Bradley’s, Tigress, Rawlings, 44 all come from the same factory. Rawlings does have their own sourced leathers though.
Nope, Tigress are made in Indonesia, Rawlings are made in the Philippines.

Bradley and 44, not sure?

Dec 20, 2019
Very often I see and read mention of some of these "boutique" glove brands. I know it's cool to get your kid something unique or different from everyone else, I used to believe the same thing. Then I started taking gloves apart several times a week and my opinions have altered.

Not sure what the retail price is on this recent Vinci glove I relaced was. It's model is JD73-L. On the outside it looks like a very decent glove, appears to have all leather construction but then I got it apart. The leather is very thin, like what you see with Nokona and Marucci gloves, but this Nokona has a mesh cloth backing on the leather. It also had a palm piece inside the glove that had almost all rotted out. It also had the gray fiber "carpet padding" inserts instead of felt. There is also a very thin, plasticy feeling liner for the back side if the hand and fi get stalls that seems to be tearing and coming apart. These are all short-cut cheaper materials that I would expect to see in a glove that retailed for $130 or less, which may be where this glove retails at, I dont know. I hope this glove isn't in the 200 dollar plus range because if it is, it would certainly give me reservations about considering or recommending this brand of glove. View attachment 23402View attachment 23403View attachment 23404
9d7c7253fb346d00414b0efd41d4d33f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
How are the internal felts and hdpe plastic thumb and inserts on the marucci cypress, capital and magnolia series that you have re laces? Thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles