Tigress, Vinci, Bradley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2020
How are the internal felts and hdpe plastic thumb and inserts on the marucci cypress, capital and magnolia series that you have re laces? Thx
The last Marucci I worked on had tears between holes and the leather seemed to be quite a bit thinner than the HOH or A2000 gloves that I seem to get in much more often for relaces. The felt seemed to be OK I dont recall a plastic insert in it, I know that when I looked the model up it was their high end glove but it was a bit older.
Marucci has recently teamed up with Scott Carpenter of Carpenter Trade and I can only imagine he has addressed that leather issue.

It was a pitchers model so that may be why it didn't have the plastic inserts.
f96f334830c32166d385a0d1fa2f662f.jpg
20210505_203146.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2020
Figured Dan would know better than lacing fingers backwards like that. He told me he gets those gloves from Asia unlaced and then he laces each one himself. Must be because it's a lefty and the top run didn't include a web spiral.
Top cross on finger tips should be going up and out towards pinky, doesn't really affect play, mostly just visual aesthetic

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Figured Dan would know better than lacing fingers backwards like that. He told me he gets those gloves from Asia unlaced and then he laces each one himself. Must be because it's a lefty and the top run didn't include a web spiral.
Top cross on finger tips should be going up and out towards pinky, doesn't really affect play, mostly just visual aesthetic

Those LHT traps belong to a guy at SBF, he restores a TON of gloves, I doubt Dan laced either of those? But I don’t know that for sure…

Dan laced a NP7 for me when I met him at one of his son’s camps, and I bought one of his Gloveworks gloves, the lace and lacing are as good as I’ve ever seen, he does phenomenal work!

Oct 27, 2020
Go big or go home! Order her a custom Rawlings!

What size glove is she using now? What size are you looking at for her? My DD used a 12” glove at SS from 12U through college.

And I’d absolutely order a custom Gloveworks over the three you named!

Here is her current glove with a 12in ball. She does ok with it however I feel like it plays very small for a 12. Does it appear to be small to you?
95727eeec4acbdda43dc452ae0c064a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here is her current glove with a 12in ball. She does ok with it however I feel like it plays very small for a 12. Does it appear to be small to you?
95727eeec4acbdda43dc452ae0c064a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally believe a 12” glove is the sweet spot in fastpitch for SS and 2B. Some like smaller, some like larger, 12” has always worked for us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles