Problems with a Former coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2021
One great piece of advice I received from a coach: I have finally learned to just shut up at games I don't coach in. Only clapping and praising players is allowed. My wife is happy, my DD is happy too. That makes me happy.

"KennyKozman you don't have to umpire or coach in this game. Just sit back and enjoy watching your DD play" It was good advice.

Ask this former coach if she appreciated parents coaching from the other side of the fence. Ask her if she wants to be happy. Follow the advice.
If you care about her you'll tell her. IDK the history.

If you don't care do yourself and the team a favor; release the player. :) You WONT regret it.

Jun 29, 2012
well, you let other parents dictate to you who should or shouldnt be involved with the team. you cant selectively put your foot down , even with cause, if you are allowing other parents to threaten you with
leaving. you run the team or you dont. good luck.

Nov 18, 2013
The biggest problem is letting parents tell you who’s allowed to be on YOUR team. You should have stood up to them and judged the Mom coach on her own merit rather than be a puppet for the director and the other Dad.

Apr 9, 2020
I would have to code of conduct signed and when not if she breaks those rules make sure that when you cut all ties with her and the child you have the child present to explain that is it not in anyway her fault or her ability but it is her parents actions solely.. bc if just explained to parent privately we all know that people like that will ever look in mirror and blame themselves... they will tarnish you and all the other members before they blame themselves... hearing it first hand from he coach to the parent with child parent will be a difficult one but will make for interesting walk to the car for that parent to explain.. like most have already expressed you "nip it in butt"!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Heres a little pepper in the morning coffee :)

How about the next time its an outburst just stop everything for a moment
Single them out and say
Done with you.

And announce to everyone else
Lets have a healthy dynamic now!

Sounds harsh,
Geee people should get second chances....geee uhhh thats abrubt and causes a seen...
WHY ????
secrete code of un-spoken manners????

Just sayin
Handle it however you want...
So far that person is handling you! How they want!
Regardless of everyone else and the dynamic it creates.

Then when a parent to parent snahfoo happens its just called 'drama'.
Someones got to handle it
Or
Everyones ok with it
Speak up or shut up.
Choices choices choices 😎

☔🌈 need rain for a rainbow 👍🎉

Jul 29, 2012
NC
My FIL was a varsity baseball coach and had a problem parent like this. During one game he sent the player out to the stands to ask the parent what he should do since they thought they knew more. It shut the parent up for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles