New glove for second year 8u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
I had this same dilemma last year and put together a post about the questions I had...I ended up buying a Mizuno Prospect 12" glove and it has proven great. I don't' think you can go wrong with the Prospect.

May 20, 2019
I had this same dilemma last year and put together a post about the questions I had...I ended up buying a Mizuno Prospect 12" glove and it has proven great. I don't' think you can go wrong with the Prospect.
This is the glove I recommend to most of my 10U rec parents. Only issue i have with this glove is it goes floppy and loose quickly with heavy use. DD got 1 season out of hers before moving to a Rawlings HOH.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This is the glove I recommend to most of my 10U rec parents. Only issue i have with this glove is it goes floppy and loose quickly with heavy use. DD got 1 season out of hers before moving to a Rawlings HOH.
But look what it cost! I would only expect maybe a year out of it. At 8, 9, or 10, I want a easy to close, easy to squeeze, easy to play with glove. If it’s shot, throw it in a Goodwill box and go buy another.

8 years olds don’t like stiff gloves!

Oct 16, 2019
But look what it cost! I would only expect maybe a year out of it. At 8, 9, or 10, I want a easy to close, easy to squeeze, easy to play with glove. If it’s shot, throw it in a Goodwill box and go buy another.

8 years olds don’t like stiff gloves!
I concur.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13