Tigress, Vinci, Bradley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2020
Has anyone compared these side by side? I’m wanting to get a custom glove for DD who will be first year 14u. She normally plays second base and some short stop. I’m leaning towards Bradley or Tigress but just can’t decide. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Go big or go home! Order her a custom Rawlings!

What size glove is she using now? What size are you looking at for her? My DD used a 12” glove at SS from 12U through college.

And I’d absolutely order a custom Gloveworks over the three you named!

Sep 19, 2018
Lots of love on this site for Bradley and Vinci. Not so much for Tigress. I don't think it is because they are not considered good, I think it is due to lack of exposure. But for sure you'll get a great glove with either the bradley or vinci.

Oct 26, 2019
Never seen a tigress, but can’t imagine wanting a tigress over a Rawlings or Wilson. The Bradley is great for what it is. A solid youth glove that isn’t too stiff and won’t break the bank. The Vinci’s I have seen have been right up there with a Wilson or Rawlings, but no personal experience with them.

Nov 8, 2020
Very often I see and read mention of some of these "boutique" glove brands. I know it's cool to get your kid something unique or different from everyone else, I used to believe the same thing. Then I started taking gloves apart several times a week and my opinions have altered.

Not sure what the retail price is on this recent Vinci glove I relaced was. It's model is JD73-L. On the outside it looks like a very decent glove, appears to have all leather construction but then I got it apart. The leather is very thin, like what you see with Nokona and Marucci gloves, but this Nokona has a mesh cloth backing on the leather. It also had a palm piece inside the glove that had almost all rotted out. It also had the gray fiber "carpet padding" inserts instead of felt. There is also a very thin, plasticy feeling liner for the back side if the hand and fi get stalls that seems to be tearing and coming apart. These are all short-cut cheaper materials that I would expect to see in a glove that retailed for $130 or less, which may be where this glove retails at, I dont know. I hope this glove isn't in the 200 dollar plus range because if it is, it would certainly give me reservations about considering or recommending this brand of glove. View attachment 2340220210803_173640.jpg20210803_175937.jpg
9d7c7253fb346d00414b0efd41d4d33f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2020
She normally uses an Easton professional series glove in a size 12. I swear it looks and plays more like an 11.5. The ball looks huge in the glove and gives her very little room for error. Lastly, I used Nakona for many years in my college days and now use a propl302 and agree that they do make a fine products, however are they really that much better? I will post pictures when I get home to show everyone the size issue. Thanks

Jun 8, 2016
My 11 YO (plays mostly SS, a bit of 3B and 1 inning of LF :LOL: ) DD loves her 12" Rawlings Pro 206 🤷‍♂️

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Very often I see and read mention of some of these "boutique" glove brands. I know it's cool to get your kid something unique or different from everyone else, I used to believe the same thing. Then I started taking gloves apart several times a week and my opinions have altered.

Not sure what the retail price is on this recent Vinci glove I relaced was. It's model is JD73-L. On the outside it looks like a very decent glove, appears to have all leather construction but then I got it apart. The leather is very thin, like what you see with Nokona and Marucci gloves, but this Nokona has a mesh cloth backing on the leather. It also had a palm piece inside the glove that had almost all rotted out. It also had the gray fiber "carpet padding" inserts instead of felt. There is also a very thin, plasticy feeling liner for the back side if the hand and fi get stalls that seems to be tearing and coming apart. These are all short-cut cheaper materials that I would expect to see in a glove that retailed for $130 or less, which may be where this glove retails at, I dont know. I hope this glove isn't in the 200 dollar plus range because if it is, it would certainly give me reservations about considering or recommending this brand of glove. View attachment 23402View attachment 23403View attachment 23404

I've definitely had my issues with Vinci, and I'll personally never buy another one for myself, that's all been documented here. But, I'll still recommend a 12.75" RV1961 to new dads & DD's here just for the excellent pattern alone! If they get two solid years out of it and the internals go to crap, get another one, now she has a backup!

Oct 27, 2020

Not sure what the retail price is on this recent Vinci glove I relaced was. It's model is JD73-L. On the outside it looks like a very decent glove, appears to have all leather construction but then I got it apart. The leather is very thin, like what you see with Nokona and Marucci gloves, but this Nokona has a mesh cloth backing on the leather. It also had a palm piece inside the glove that had almost all rotted out. It also had the gray fiber "carpet padding" inserts instead of felt. There is also a very thin, plasticy feeling liner for the back side if the hand and fi get stalls that seems to be tearing and coming apart. These are all short-cut cheaper materials that I would expect to see in a glove that retailed for $130 or less, which may be where this glove retails at, I dont know. I hope this glove isn't in the 200 dollar plus range because if it is, it would certainly give me reservations about considering or recommending this brand of glove. View attachment 23402View attachment 23403View attachment 23404

Thank you kindly for your input and taking the time to post photos. It’s greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles