Throwing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 13, 2011
Nashua, NH
Thoracic Extension is a passive result of the active movement of the hip to trunk relationship, so yes, in a sense, it is a result of the hips firing and the trunk turning back against the hips.

Also, efficient arm action will allow for a more natural thoracic extension to occur during the throw, it won't be forced. Max external rotation can also be achieved from max thoracic extension and of course this hip to trunk relationship.

Structurally, T-Spine extension and mobility can be increased but make sure that stability is not lost during this.

My book on High Level Throwing Patterns is almost done :)

Oct 10, 2011
Austin, Friday DD's coach asked what we've been able to work on with her throwing since she has been out with the bad ankle. I told him about the seated behind the head drill etc... I asked him what he thought about how she did. He said I asked "because her throw looked smooth as butter." She still has a LONG way to go but she is headed in the right direction.
thanks.

Mar 11, 2009
The girl in the second video of post #110 is doing a drill called "The Reverse Rocker Drill", its not a example of a game throw, but used as a sequence drill. It can also be used to gain momentum towards a target if the athlete is having trouble striding out or using their legs or can’t feel the hip to trunk relationship happening!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Example of having "Lazy feet/legs" .....

2q3nn79.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K4man