Throwing speed/accuracy 14u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2010
Looking to develop my 14 yr olds throw. She can consistantly throw mid/high 40's. She does throw accurate but wings a little side arm every so often. Her throws are from her "back pocket". What would be a good way to increase speed without attempting injury...? Thanks

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
long toss, throw from ever increasing distances. Make sure she uses a full smooth throwing motion. You don't want pop ups, just long throws with a fairly flat arc. Focus on distance and the speed will come.

Plus with every game of catch, it should end up being from (at a minimum) the distance she has to throw during games. Throwing from 40 feet away will not help. Stretch it out.

May 7, 2008
Hudson, NH
Looking to develop my 14 yr olds throw. She can consistantly throw mid/high 40's. She does throw accurate but wings a little side arm every so often. Her throws are from her "back pocket". What would be a good way to increase speed without attempting injury...? Thanks

What is her prime position to play?

Oct 27, 2009
TO BUILD ARM STRENGTH: Check out Jaeger Sports I believe this can be modifed to apply to softball and building arm strength if you consider the distances between 66 & 75% of the distances in the video, based upon the age of the girls.

ACCURACY: Reps,Reps, Reps, with a big emphisis on proper footwork each and every time. The throw nearly always follows the front foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy