The Softball Gods Were Not With Us

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Good tournament this weekend with 24 teams and three game elimination. Unfortunately it looked like the 10u team in our 14u team showed up.:) At times it looked like our team had not played softball before. Dropped fly balls, not calling for the ball, letting the ball go between the legs in the infield and outfield, overthrows, numerous base running errors, etc, etc, etc. Not pretty to look at at all. And this is a team who won a big tournament two weeks ago.

To give you an example. We had a runner on 1st and 2nd with no one out. The ball is hit to the short stop pretty close to 2nd base. The runner on 2nd takes two steps and freezes. Naturally, the ss tagged her, stepped on 2nd and almost had the runner going to first for a triple play.

Some how we won the first game and then lost the next two. Now we are playing our arch rivals who we had beaten twice two weeks ago. The first inning they scored three unearned runs, but we settled down and played a little better. We score two runs in the third on a couple of their errors. Top of the 5th and we are behind 3-2. Bragg time, DGD hits a 2-run 230 foot home run. There is joy in Mudville, we are up by one. Their first batter strikes out. The second one hit a grounder to third base and was thrown out. Things are looking good. The pitcher gets two fast strikes on probably their worse hitter. Then four straight balls. Then she walks the next batter. Two on, two out, but still feeling confident. The next batter hits a blooper over the ss's head, 1 run scores. The next batter takes the first pitch and hits a blooper over the 1b's head, we lose 5-4 and go home.

Well, we all have tournaments like this and we just have to hope the girls learned something and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Now I feel better that I got it off my chest. NOT!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619