The Reality of Travel Ball...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Personally I think this is out of bonds. You are criticizing parents for looking after their kids and claiming parental "high ground" when you actually have done less to raise yours compared to a mom or pop that keep tabs of their kids and their kids social networks.
Actually your wrong. I have done more then most mom & pops do, because I do the parenting by myself and my dd & I are not on social networks, except DSF. I think you were out of bounds saying that us that don't spy on our kids are creepy. Yes, I feel that I'm on a higher ground because I have taught my dd right from from wrong and that it is her and her whole families last name that she displays to the world. So if you want to spy on your kids because you didn't teach them right go ahead.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
16 years in Military law enforcement. I have been trained in Suicide Awareness, Conflict Management, Sexual Assault Response, I have supervised people in some of the most stressful locations and situations. My wife also possesses a Masters in Psychology. Not an expert but the most qualified within my organization. I think all organizations should have someone trained to deal with issues like this.

TO ADD: After re-reading I got the actual intent.

Yeah, I can think of 3 instances around here in the last year or so where a HS kid just disengaged, went somewhere other than school one morning and just checked out of this world.
Absolutely terrifying to think a clue might have been missed.

Jun 1, 2013
Actually your wrong. I have done more then most mom & pops do, because I do the parenting by myself and my dd & I are not on social networks, except DSF. I think you were out of bounds saying that us that don't spy on our kids are creepy. Yes, I feel that I'm on a higher ground because I have taught my dd right from from wrong and that it is her and her whole families last name that she displays to the world. So if you want to spy on your kids because you didn't teach them right go ahead.

Straw man theory much? I said parents that let their 13-15 year olds make adult decisions are creepy to me. You assume that my kids are on social media, in fact they are not but I fully support those that have kids on social media. Being a conscious or aware parent doesn't mean that you are spying, it means you are informed of what is going on in your child's life and making sure they are making the correct choices and are not faced with situations too difficult to bare at an early age. Teaching a kid right from wrong does not always equate into your kid making the right decisions, that's what you are supposed to be there for. You raise yours how you see fit but don't put negative connotations on us that ensure our kids are making the correct decisions. That we have taught them. My DD has an older brother, she doesn't need an old older brother, she needs a father. Even though you have won parent of the year in your own mind some of us think you are never gonna know what you should have known. You are not on "higher ground", you just can't see past you parent of century ego. I am sure this will illicit some type of response but rest assured, if I can figure out the ignore option, I won't see it.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Easton33, why do you feel that you need to ignore others comments? Yes you are some what right, I'm not parent of the year, I'm father of universe.:cool: I also feel that your comments are a straw mans theory. So I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I myself won't ever put anyone on a ignore list, because I'm willing to except others ideas, I might not agree, but I wear my big boy pants and can live with others not agreeing with me. You have a good night and I really do wish you the best.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Actually, I found myself in agreement with Nano and his comment about "family name." I too spent a lot of time with my child focusing on that and her family's history. My Mom's Dad committed suicide and so, the topic is not unknown to my family. My Dad's favorite Uncle did the same. I understand the OP point about social media. I have a vastly different perspective of social media and so, don't have anything but a flip phone and no access to social media. I think a few of you know what happened to my family via the internet and so, you understand my position. (Worked with FBI to catch crazy guy.) We trust our child and and she knows that if she falls, we'll be there to catch her. In no way do I want to be in her life in any other way. IMO, I think that is why our relationship is so good. If tracking all social media is what others want, who am I to judge. Conversely, I don't expect anyone to judge me.

Take care,

Darrell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles