The most important person

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2009
i think a softball mom is great on a team. On my travel team we have a softball mom and 2 other moms that help out, usually under the softball mom's direction. When it gets hot out one mom will spray the girls, the head mom is talking to the coaches and doing the books, and one other mom is getting drinks for everyone. And sometimes it's helpful for a girl to talk to a motherly figure. As one person stated, when you are with your male coaches for so long they are no longer guys but coach. and in the mindset a gender isn't really placed to them. Like the girl who had issues with her bra. She knew her coach was a male, but she had been with him so much and trusts him so much that she doesn't really think that she could have caused a potentially serious issue by asking him to help her with her bra. so by having a softball mom there, it's easier. We also have a mom who's in charge of the medical issues which is really helpful.

May 8, 2009
Florida
I call them Team Reps. Did it all last year and had two moms ask to help this year. They are wonderful at organizing, everything from tee shirts, hotel reservations, team building - you name it. I couldn't be without them. We meet just as I do with the coaches and discuss what is going on.

Other than that, I agree with druer - coaching clinics. You can't learn enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii