The latest guru on Twitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Do you promote this drill for girls of all ages playing fastpitch?

If I was to do this drill, which I haven't, I would do it for 5 minutes and then throw front toss for 30 minutes making
sure to move the ball around the zone. Get the batter to feel the barrel turn and see if she can then replicate
the feel while adjusting path for location. I see parents/coaches doing front toss where the ball is
down the middle 95% of the time and then they can't figure out why their hitter isn't able to adjust
their swings in games for different locations...While I haven't done the drill I have demonstrated, and had DD replicate,
getting the barrel up to speed quickly like this with just some dry feel-like half swings. DD has more pressing issues than barrel
turn however so I don't do it often.

In general DD would rather I just throw to her anyway, not a big fan of tee work or anything
which doesn't involve her seeing where the ball lands..she gets mad when DW starts to shag the balls
before she is done because she likes to survey her work after she is done with her round..lol

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Jul 25, 2018
I go away for a while to come back and find guys like RDBASS who get blasted on a regular basis by Richard are now on here watching his every move and acting as if he invented hitting and/or we havent already seen EXACTLY what he teaches.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I go away for a while to come back and find guys like RDBASS who get blasted on a regular basis by Richard are now on here watching his every move and acting as if he invented hitting and/or we havent already seen EXACTLY what he teaches.

Don't take RDBass so serious. At first I thought he was trying to be rude and deliberatly unhelpful too. He posts some good GIFs though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez