The height requirement charts on the D1, D2 and D3 college softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
OILF, I didn't imagine my post could be so misconstrued. I know these ladies that I quoted, the heights are accurate. I also know there are many players well over 5'7".

The point I was trying to make is that there are very excellent Division 1 softball players at or less than average height. And, the coaches of good programs want them. I hope that is clearer.

No worries, I think you were very clear, its just that the interplanetary translator tends to garble OILF communications

Jul 19, 2012
Monica Santos is 4' 10" and plays D1 ball for University of South Florida. I'm not sure the 4'10" is even accurate.

I wonder if the opposing coach protests to the NCAA when she goes yard?

Oct 14, 2008
Monica Santos is 4' 10" and plays D1 ball for University of South Florida. I'm not sure the 4'10" is even accurate.

I wonder if the opposing coach protests to the NCAA when she goes yard?

I think 4-10 is stretching it with her. But the kid can play

Oct 22, 2009
From what I've seen and heard it just depends on the coach...some want a player of a certain height and some don't care.

My DD's coach said she liked big pitchers, big catchers, big corners and small middle infielders and outfielders.

She made an exception with my 5'6" DD-pitcher, who really was one of the shortest on the team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd