The Future of Recruiting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Just throwing this out there...
How about changing all College athlete eligibility to 5 years :)
Hmmmm? Help the graduation curve for athletes do to their extra dedictaed time....

View attachment 16710
I often see statements about athletes not being able to graduate in four years as excuses why kids didn’t play in college or didn’t play at a higher level. I haven’t seen recent figures, but last time I checked female athletes had a higher four year graduation rate than the general population. DD’s class of eight seniors all graduated in four years.

I do like your five year idea. It would make it much easier to navigate degrees like teaching and nursing.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I often see statements about athletes not being able to graduate in four years as excuses why kids didn’t play in college or didn’t play at a higher level. I haven’t seen recent figures, but last time I checked female athletes had a higher four year graduation rate than the general population. DD’s class of eight seniors all graduated in four years.

I do like your five year idea. It would make it much easier to navigate degrees like teaching and nursing.
Female athletes higher graduation rate good thing!
Thanks for sharing that.
MNDad what was grad % you found?
That's also a good point to mention about being recruited... Athletic programs do have a lot of resources for academic athletes. BONUS! In many cases assigned counslers that follow athletes careers to make sure they stay on track. Seems like those extras payoff in graduation on time!
I know a few months ago mom daughter verbal to a college out of state and the mom commented...after formal visit, she felt a lot better about it. Knowing how many people were going to be invested in making sure her daughter graduates on time.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
In the midst of our panic about the future of recruiting (among everything else), DD (a 2022) today received an invitation to two upcoming Elite Prospect Camps from her #1 choice dream school. Crossing fingers so hard that we'll be through this by July so that the first camp will happen. A real ray of hope for this 16-year old who is having trouble coping with social distancing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad