The Future of Recruiting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
How do you think this shutdown of all games, potentially lasting through the summer, will affect recruiting in 2020?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
That's a good question. With the looming recession/depression coming who knows.
Mnuchin today warned of 20% unemployment coming. Many things will change very rapidly. Different times ahead. :(

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
I’m wondering if the recruiting calendar may change for the fall if many showcases get cancelled. Or does recruiting become more virtual in the interim with coaches relying more on video for talent assessment?

Apr 28, 2014
I’m wondering if the recruiting calendar may change for the fall if many showcases get cancelled. Or does recruiting become more virtual in the interim with coaches relying more on video for talent assessment?

What year is your DD?
Uncommitted 2020s are in trouble IMO
Uncommitted 2021s are in a bad spot.

May 27, 2013
Was very happy that dd’s coaches all reached out to her the past couple of days. Told her not to worry. Campus visits are canceled but they will definitely be keeping in touch.

May 20, 2016
Assuming everyone currently on a college roster is going to get another year of eligibility due to this. Would think incoming freshman would be in the toughest spot next year. Guess it depends on who graduates this year and who wants to play another season. too early to tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802