Texas A&M - ULL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I stand by the fact that what I said is I think it is stupid on the part of the NCAA to not reline the box based on today. Nothing anyone has said has really given a reason that is compelling to me to not to do it. I line a box 10 times a year. It takes me 5 minutes if that. I don't get paid to do it.

Why not redo the circle and the pitching lane while they are at it? While they are at it, maybe repaint the PP and bases. Both teams are playing on the same field and the new lines would be gone after one inning. Again, the BB is there regardless of the lines and both teams should know the dimensions and location.
If you are on a rules committee that votes to groom the rubber area, water the infield, and tarp it if it rains during the game, but not reline it, I am sorry if I offended you.

Here you go, tell them yourself NCAA Softball Rules Committee

May 23, 2016
Very tricky. JMO but I have graphically analyzed the pictures and I assumed that the one picture is the ball making contact with the bat (which it is not). From the picture and the dimensions of the plate 17 inches, 6 inches between chalk and plate, if you extend a line with the correct angle in 3D, her foot does touch the line, thus in the box. But these are my calculations. So in the end the ump called her out so she is out, but the video evidence does not validate the call. So whoever says clearly, it is not clear.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Would have sucked for pitcher to lose a game on a pitch 12+ inches outside of the plate.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Lot's of strange calls, in another game rf ump waved foul and he meant fair, others, counts were mixed up had to bring the media down to verify, as usual strike zones all over the place, out field fence not clear on whether home run or still in play/// stay tuned, more on the way,, oh yes the illegal pitch was there also

If you want to see something strange, go to a ball game

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Some people are blinded by bias. Like it or not umpires are part of the game, and they will not get every call right (this call was right). Once we recognize that and accept it, life will be much easier. Now if my own kid would perform like the superstar I THINK she is, my life will be easier. If my DD doesn't swing at a 3rd strike, 99% of the time it's a bad pitch in her opinion. In my mind 95% of the time it was a good pitch or close enough to swing at. The other 5% of the time I wasn't looking.

I wanted UL to win the series, but I wanted A&M to win the game just so I could see another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1