Texas A&M - ULL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
So, given the hype, i watched a replay of the 5,6,7 innings of this game last night.

What a great game!

Not to be mislead, I wanted to point out that this umpire called a slapper out of the box at least 2 previous times in this game,
before this crucial call to kiabash A&M's game winning hit in the bottom of the 7th.

We all know that there is plenty of variability in the game as a result of each individual umpire's "judgement".
From the bounds of the strike zone, to illegal pitch calls, and in this case, where the bounds of the box are.
Good teams adjust. A&M hitters did not, and it cost them.

My suspicion is that SwimCoach has an undisclosed financial interest in US Lime Corp.

Full disclosure - I do NOT have an interest in US Lime, but I did test some of their lime at one point. :cool:

I'm just a guy/fan who asked what I thought was a legitimate question, but then found out that discussfastpitch.com is not really a place to discuss fastpitch, it's more of a venting zone. After 8 pages, MTR finally points to the NCAA rule that says it's the discretion of the umpire in 2.16.2 - answering the question definitively 70+ posts after the first question.

I think I'll just go back to lurking and watching the games on TV. Sorry if my question raised your blood pressure. :p

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I'm just a guy/fan who asked what I thought was a legitimate question, but then found out that discussfastpitch.com is not really a place to discuss fastpitch, it's more of a venting zone. After 8 pages, MTR finally points to the NCAA rule that says it's the discretion of the umpire in 2.16.2 - answering the question definitively 70+ posts after the first question.

So if MTR had posted that rule in post #2 and no one else chimed in, that would meet your expectation for a discussion? Not 80+ posts with (mostly) civil answers and opinions?

Seems to me you received many answers, you just didn't like most of them. MTR's post didn't answer your question at all - you asked why it's not done. Umpire discretion isn't a "why," it's a handoff to the umpire. "Why" would have to be answered by an NCAA umpire, as in "why are they using their discretion to not re-chalk?"

So if MTR had posted that rule in post #2 and no one else chimed in, that would meet your expectation for a discussion? Not 80+ posts with (mostly) civil answers and opinions?

Seems to me you received many answers, you just didn't like most of them. MTR's post didn't answer your question at all - you asked why it's not done. Umpire discretion isn't a "why," it's a handoff to the umpire. "Why" would have to be answered by an NCAA umpire, as in "why are they using their discretion to not re-chalk?"

Yep, that was my question. The answer was they can, but it's up to blue. Good thing you threw (mostly) in. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi