Tewks Video Challenge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2008
My Swing

Some of my swings, been about a year now but I see some serious bat drag I need to work on.
Sorry about the quality, I used my digital camera on movie mode and when I set it to 30 fps it looked like this.

Jul 14, 2008
Here's my 53yo "2 cents" Tewks.....

dovxv4.gif

And one up in the zone.......

dqhmah.gif

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Well...I finally dicided to get a look at my swing. It is interesting how difficult it is to speak to your own body what it is so easy to see in others. Makes you want to have a little more patience with the girls.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Bn03_LHQGs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Bn03_LHQGs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Lots of advice being given on hitting recently. Still looking for videos from FiveFrameSwing, Amy in AZ, tom.guerry (no golf swings please!), Wellphyt, Fastpitch Trainer, MTS, cshilt, GOINGDEEP (That sounds like a powerful swing) and Howard can submit a video on Crystal because of his back. C'mon...post the video!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
You guys won't be getting any video of me. Dream on! :)

Candrea shot video of me and then compared it to the RVP stuff at his coach's convention a year ago. I looked fabulous, next to Pujols - not.

R

RayR

These are from a couple of years ago. Haven't been swinging much due to a bulging disc :(

And I totally agree with Lhowser. I have so much more patience now that I have experienced the difficulty of trying to change mechanics. I try to make one or two changes at a time as I know how hard it is do a complete overhaul - now if only the parents could understand....

These are not great swings, but I wanted to show that I have been willing to experiment and tape myself.

10408SideView.gif

ray22083.gif

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
That's a pretty good swing MTS. If you had a little more flexibility it would be really good. Would love to see you get to that "trophy" pose extension! Much more controlled though than my "swing for the fence with a 31" bat swing".