I made a highlight video DD class of 2025

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2017
Cool video for sure, but you've got about 2-3 minutes of the coaches time, at best, and that's only if they like what they see in the first 20 seconds. Edit it down to the pitch and the hit and get rid of the ones with poor video quality. Maybe put one of her running the bases at the end. I'd also say some tee swings. Cant see much as far as her hitting mechanics. And yeah, lose the music. One of the best vids I've seen was a video with a few tee swings, a few BP swings, and a few game swings. Then just a handful of fielding plays. She also did a voice over intro of herself, customized to every coach she sent it to why she wanted to attend ______ University. And very important, include your club team coaches contact info as well.
To echo what others have said, the video is in need of editing. Aim for 2:00-2:30. There a lot that can be trimmed out of the footage you already have. Also, don't use video that isn't clearly showing the action. Trying to see what's happening on the other side of the backstop fencing is challenging, and isn't a good presentation of her skills. Get your camera on the fence and find a hole.

For hitting, I start the clip when the P starts to move. Any earlier than that is generally wasted time.

This is the latest video of my DD, which she sends along with her emails to coaches...

We choose to include contact info in the body of the email, rather than on the publicly-accessible video.

Thanks really good info. Your daughter is a beast

Dec 6, 2019
I agree. Coaches have said no music please. Too distracting and what if they don't like your taste in music? Too long. I would break it up into smaller chunks and post them on her Youtube page. Then send the link to the page so the coach can click on the different videos.
I remember seeing a tweet recently where a coach said she was going to recruit the player specifically because her skills video was set to a Dave Matthews Band song.

Jul 27, 2015
We choose to include contact info in the body of the email, rather than on the publicly-accessible video.
If this is a concern, then add your coach's email address. My daughter had multiple schools reach out to her travel coach - schools we had never considered.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Thank you. She has worked her rear off for a lot of years to become so. It looks to me like your DD is well on her way.

This is how things looked when my DD was about the age of your DD...

I cannot even look at my DD's skill video that we made her freshman year. Totally different player today vs then. Heck, she's gained 20 lbs over the summer!!! I hope that translates to more power!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom