Tewks Video Challenge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Tewks - are you trying to create a bind in your rear hip as you internally rotate your front leg (turn front heel out)? If so, experiment with straightening the back leg some as you load the back hip.

Btw, I played my high school ball at Keene High. That's where I was born and raised.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
Tewks - are you trying to create a bind in your rear hip as you internally rotate your front leg (turn front heel out)? If so, experiment with straightening the back leg some as you load the back hip.

Btw, I played my high school ball at Keene High. That's where I was born and raised.

I'm not actively internally rotating my front leg. Yes, it internally rotates, but only because I coil my rear hip. There is not feel/tension/resistance in my front hip or front leg. I will try to do this with a more straightened rear leg... I'll let you know how it goes.

I was 2001 at Alvirne.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Ok, I'm game. Here's a video I shot of myself hitting off a tee last Fall. I was killing time waiting for a lessons and decided to see if I do the things I think I do, and when I demonstrate a swing if I'm demonstrating what I say. Hate seeing how fat I am, but the video is interesting.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
Ok, I'm game. Here's a video I shot of myself hitting off a tee last Fall. I was killing time waiting for a lessons and decided to see if I do the things I think I do, and when I demonstrate a swing if I'm demonstrating what I say. Hate seeing how fat I am, but the video is interesting.

Not a bad swing.

It would be better if the tee wasn't placed so far out in front of your front foot.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Chris, I agree. That's one of the first things I noticed when I looked at it too.

To answer Tewks' question, and possibly explain the tee positioning, I actually think I was working on extension, because that was what the students who were coming needed to work on. So I may have placed the tee out front to encourage getting through the ball. But it's definitely too far, I can see that now. There's a lot of top hand in that swing that I wouldn't necessarily recommend. I might have been working on weight shift as well. It's something I don't think I ever did much of until recently, and had a little trouble getting the hang of at first. I don't have video to confirm that, but it's what I remember feeling.

Dave D, thanks! Us big guys have to stick together. The insurance companies don't like us, but there are more of us than there are of them. I'm not fat -- I'm family-sized.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1