TEAM Nebraska 14 and 14 Gold this weekend in Oklahoma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm not sure which board would be best for this, or if there is even anyone from Nebraska on this forum but-

DD's 10u team worked the USSSA Opening Day RING Showdown this weekend (gates, fields, concessions, etc) in Moore, OK. I can't tell you how impressed I was with their players, coaches, and parents. They were one of the most friendly, respectful, and hard-working groups I've ever encountered. Everyone from fans to players treated the park with respect, they were kind and thoughtful to the girls trying to help, and they were incredibly gracious even after the Gold team took a heartbreaking loss in the semifinal to a team who isn't popular around here, outside of their organization, because of their lack of grace at times (usually from the stands and not the girls). They took the time to bring some of our 10u girls (DD's team) out on the field and teach them some chants and took pictures with them after the game. Every game of theirs that I happened to catch, the coaching staff were respectful to their girls, the umpires, and the other coaches.

We all hear the parent/coach/team horror stories every day and there isn't enough attention given to the good groups out there and I wanted to make sure to give some in this case, even if they never see it. In fact, I never heard a negative word about any of the out of state teams that came in for the tournament, but I didn't get to personally see many of the others.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez