Team change again!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
As for team and job jumping, I certainly wouldn't make any assumptions. Every situation is unique. Would listen to each story.

My wife has not been in the same job for more than 3 years until now, except for a private practice that she maintained part-time. That's about 30 years in the work force. I've been doing essentially the same job for that same time. I'm content, but she's grown exponentially and become very successful in her profession. What does that say about job jumping?

My daughter, from age 9-12, played on the same travel team. We knew an older girl who switched every year. I thought it was teaching her a bad lesson about team bonding and loyalty. But her dad told me that every team taught her something different, and that after one year, there wasn't much more the previous team could teach. Also changed schools three times, fwiw. They did play on the same team the last 3 or so years of an 8-year travel career. Long story short, she became the #1 pitching prospect in the country. Every travel team and every college team wanted her.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I guess it's official...DD will be playing for her current HC and 2 ACs at the other organization. They have asked her to catch (Yay Greenmonsters!) She will be one of two catchers there. She will participate in 2 tryouts as will any of their current players. Her current HC is excited for DD to work with their HC because as said earlier, he is known for producing great hitters and his own daughter got 4A player of the year and will play D1 this year. DD finished with great offensive stats but has a lot of work to do to get to the next level:) They also seem to have better contacts for recruiting. I was able to get DD hooked up with a college pitcher and they practiced last night and will again this evening...I'm hoping they can continue to do it frequently. Thanks!

Sounds like a great opportunity for her. Good luck and have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12