Team Change After Fall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
Seeing the annual post-fall season attempts of teams to pick up new players—specifically a backup catcher, another pitcher and the utility player.

Some verbatim pitches below:

“Did the fall not work out as you expected? Were you fed a bunch of false promises? Did your daughter not develop the way you wanted her to? Give me a call and check us out.”

“fall not go as planned? Plenty of innings available.”

“Are you looking for a change? Not getting as much time in the circle as you deserve?”

2 questions:

1–What percentage of those openings are created by the bottom two or three girls on the roster having quit or gone to weaker teams due to a perceived lack of playing time?

2–Has anyone actually had success in appealing to players who felt they were not treated fairly on their last team? I would tend to think this approach attracts more problems than solutions but perhaps some diamonds in the rough.

Sep 7, 2020
I have been getting this one daily in my local USA RI softball feed

Is your Fall ball season not going as you hoped?
Are you stuck on a team, not getting enough playing time or not competing or both?
Are you looking to join an A class travel softball team to expand your skills?
Southxxxx Rxxxxx are looking for a couple of talented U14 softball players to round out our competitive roster.
Non-parent head coaching for a fair and balanced coaching experience for every player.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a talented team and play and compete right away!
If you would like to schedule a tryout, please call or text or email.

Laughable that this particular team considers itself an A Class team, low B at best

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2020

Are you stuck on a team, not getting enough playing time or not competing or both?
Southxxxx Rxxxxx are looking for a couple of talented U14 softball players to round out our competitive roster.
Non-parent head coaching for a fair and balanced coaching experience for every player.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a talented team and play and compete right away!

Laughable that this particular team considers itself an A Class team, low B at best

Yup I see that one in the MA Facebook group everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Its called " we are a business" and "dont compete for a spot, just go someplace else". Some organizations have 2 to 3 teams at each level but they always need to fill the 3rd for some reason. Why not just have less teams in your organization???

Jun 20, 2015
my favorite is the "due to unforeseen circumstances, we need players". Maybe it was only unforeseen by the coach that was breaking promises about exposure, play time, etc.

Yes the road goes both ways, but so many times the coach is selling a bridge in Brooklyn and parents will only make that payment for so long before leaving.

May 20, 2015

lol there's more than one on the RI page that advertises like that.......

agreed that sometimes there's just too many teams......

and i don't think we've ever seen that Rebels org, anywhere......

Sep 7, 2020
They are out of Swansea Ma but have no home. It's a shitshow down here, LOL. They were formed because a mom go pissed at the guy how runs the SE Mass Extreme and she formed her own club, as many do. She is also the head coach for the local HS varsity team.

Oct 4, 2018
Do more players leave looking for a higher talent team or a lower talent team?

Looking to leave because the team stinks or the team is too good for them?

Aug 21, 2020
They are out of Swansea Ma but have no home. It's a shitshow down here, LOL. They were formed because a mom go pissed at the guy how runs the SE Mass Extreme and she formed her own club, as many do. She is also the head coach for the local HS varsity team.

Ah that explains a lot. My DD’s 12U team ran into them a few times last year. Those weren’t good games to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2015
example of why players change teams in fall. 18u. girl joins team in August, promised to play bigger tourneys, lots of help with recruiting etc. they are in a larger fall event in Ohio. College coaches are there to watch her, due to her emailing them. they are at the game, wearing coach attire, travel ball team HC tells her " it's not my job to talk to college coaches".

SO, she finishes fall season and finds a new team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying