Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Lol. I had an opinion on that kid but deleted it because he wasn’t asking for help with her.

I’m sure he doesn’t care. I’m sure he is confident in what he teaches. Obviously he is because he has many students doing well at all levels. He knows how to teach his system, obviously.

Do share your opinion.

Jun 8, 2016
I’m sure he doesn’t care. I’m sure he is confident in what he teaches. Obviously he is because he has many students doing well at all levels. He knows how to teach his system, obviously.

Do share your opinion.
His students all have big hand loads (their setup sort of dictates it) This kid, because she is only young, is having a hard time synching it with her forward move.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
His students all have big hand loads (their setup sort of dictates it) This kid, because she is only young, is having a hard time synching it with her forward move.

I agree there is some hand movement. I do see most of the hitters engaging the scap/back as the underlining movement.

The young hitter doesn’t have the same engagement.

Jun 8, 2016
I agree there is some hand movement. I do see most of the hitters engaging the scap/back as the underlining movement.

The young hitter doesn’t have the same engagement.
I don’t want to go down this rabbit hole too much but you would agree that the timing of this load (active, reactive or a combination) is important, right? Otherwise you would just load in setup, right?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don’t want to go down this rabbit hole too much but you would agree that the timing of this load (active, reactive or a combination) is important, right? Otherwise you would just load in setup, right?

Yes.

He is combining throwing/swinging. His students therefor have bigger hand loads as you see it. Because he is teaching it off of the throwing. I think he is teaching hip/shoulder separation as well, similarly to throwing.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I think she arm-bars with a touch of drag at the start, before she gets the knob going. You can't see it because the view of her front arm is blocked, so it's just a hunch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06