TB - Not sure it is for us

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 7, 2015
Our TB journey is almost finished. It has been 7 years of taking her to practice, lessons, and tournaments. We have 4 more weeks left. I wouldn't trade any one of the countless hours in the dugout, in the stands (or down the outfield fence), playing catch, pitching bp, hitting her balls or even taping ice bags to her knees or shoulders. But what I'll miss the most, without a doubt , are the car rides. Those are special times.

I couldn't agree more. Especially the comment about the time in the car.

I don't know how many more years she will want to do this but I'm in as long as she is.

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
Our TB journey is almost finished. It has been 7 years of taking her to practice, lessons, and tournaments. We have 4 more weeks left. I wouldn't trade any one of the countless hours in the dugout, in the stands (or down the outfield fence), playing catch, pitching bp, hitting her balls or even taping ice bags to her knees or shoulders. But what I'll miss the most, without a doubt , are the car rides. Those are special times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. The whole family has to love it or it will be a pain in the butt. We have a lot of long drives and overnights. I feel that most dads only get so many years of good daddy/daughter time. Girls go off and get married and find a new man to do stuff with and for them (totally not being sexist). As they get older they need dad less and less. I treasure the car rides home and have learned not to talk softball much anymore. I almost hate for my wife to go with us as I love the alone time with DD

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
My youngest DD has been out of TB for about 4 years now, I still miss the time with her on the car rides. The older she got, the less we talked about softball in the car and just hung out. I even miss those really stinky cleats, having to roll the windows down sometimes :)

It all goes too quickly, so enjoy the time while you can.

Nov 3, 2012
My DD is 17 and we've been doing serious travel for 5 years. Looking back, I cant believe how much money and time I've spent doing this. Frustrated about missing vacations and its a sacrifice for the whole family. The better your DD get, the tougher the tournaments you play in. But we have to go long distances to get those tournaments.

But I would do it again. We've had some good times and I really enjoy watching my DD play. Also have had some really quality time with my DD. We love driving down the road and putting some good classic rock music on. She's gotten a lot out of it including a scholarship. Well be done in a year. I know Ill miss it.

Jul 12, 2010
Just spent three days in SC with my 18yo. This is my 9th year of travel ball. With only 2 tournaments left, I was very aware and thankful for the one on one time I had with her. She will play in college, but not close, so I am enjoying every hour on the ball field. I'm sure I will enjoy getting that time back, but it will be bittersweet. I will miss watching her play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00