TB - Not sure it is for us

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
Last weekend, my wife and older daughter flew across the country to get her to a theatre camp that will last a month. I spent 10 hours Saturday with younger DD watching her play (and another team's game after we were done because her bff was on the other team). Woke up, spent 12 hours driving to and from, and watching her play on Sunday. She was tired and irritable after we were done, and I had no desire to cook so we argued about where to eat dinner for a while, before I won out since it was Father's Day. :) It isn't for everyone, and I completely understand anyone who wants nothing to do with this lifestyle, but I couldn't have been happier watching her compete, learn, have fun and some success, and getting a ton of time to spend with her.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I remember talking to someone on a Monday after a long weekend. He asked what I did and I said we had 3 games on Saturday and 3 games on Sunday. He looked at me and said that really must have been awful. I responded with "It was, losing in the semis is never fun".

Try 8 or 9 games over a two day weekend. Done that several times this season.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
I wouldnt trade it for the world. Sometimes I feel like ive had enough and then shortly after the season i begin counting the days until next season.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

May 15, 2016
I do not know how people do this.

I absolutely understand how TB is not right for many people. There are a few on DDs team that seem to enjoy the game, but are not interested in practicing on their own, between team practices and games. I was talking with a coach about it. He said, and I agree, rec ball seems like a great place for those who want to play, but do not want to make a such a commitment to the sport.

My DD drags me out of the house most days to practice. I never have to ask her if she wants to practice. It is clear to me TB is where she will be the happiest.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
There are different programs with diffferent levels of intensity. I would go for one that appears manageableas long as you dont make any plans for July.

Apr 28, 2014
Were heading to Colorado from the East Coast to play at IDT. Six days of ball 2 games per day. A few of the families asked if we could make it 3 games each day. :)
Yep.. were crazy.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While TB is a YUGE ($1 to POTUS) time commitment, I would not trade the time I got to spending with my DD at the ball field for anything. It goes by quicker than you think and then they are gone...

Jul 3, 2013
Our TB journey is almost finished. It has been 7 years of taking her to practice, lessons, and tournaments. We have 4 more weeks left. I wouldn't trade any one of the countless hours in the dugout, in the stands (or down the outfield fence), playing catch, pitching bp, hitting her balls or even taping ice bags to her knees or shoulders. But what I'll miss the most, without a doubt , are the car rides. Those are special times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414