Switching back and forth from End loaded to balance bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
Anderson does sponsor a few D1 teams. The biggest reason you do not see them like you do Easton, Worth or Louisville is that softball is a title 9 sport and the SB department uses what ever their money making departments use.

If you look at D2 or 3 you will see a ton of Anderson bats. Where the coach lets the kids use what ever bat they want.

The 04/05 R/T was banned by NCAA D1 because of the ball exit speed.

The knob on the R/T has a patent on it by Anderson and was made for a specific reason. It is ment to lay almost in the palm of the hand for extra whip.

Alot of the reason that R/T wont work for alot of people is that when you are buying a certain size you are buying swing weight not the actual weight of the bat. Anderson actually weighs on the avg 2 to 2.5 oz heavier than their sold weight. So if little suzy swang a 31/21 and dad sees a kid clobber a ball and goes and buys his dd a r/t the same size he has actually put her in a 31/23.5 and dosent know until its to late that she cant swing it.

It takes a certain hand path to swing a heavy end loaded bat like the R/T. That is probably the best reason I can come up with that a newer bat would out preform the older model. to put it simply the person swinging the bat has the hand path geared towards the more balanced bat and can get the most out of it.

Some will say that the bat wasnt made for power hitters. What most do not realize is that the bat needs to be rotated every swing, when you create a wave from a shot the next at bat rotate it and the wave will move on the other side of the outer wall. Thats how it was designed to be used. Most either couldent swing it fast enough or with the correct hand path to make full use of the bats double wall design.

I have seen 325 foot shots with the R/T. I have yet to see a newer style bat do that. In the hands of a true power hitter the older r/t is no longer a bat it becomes a weapon. For us that have metal heads for dd,s , it was and is the ultimate bat ever produced and will never be duplicated.

Tim

Oct 25, 2009
The 04 RT in particular was not very durable. In the hands of a power hitter it's lifetime is limited. I lost two, one to a 14U TB batter and one to a HS JV batter.

The '04 I have now is hardly ever used because the most popular bats nowadays seem to be the older Synergy and the current Xeno's and DeMarini's, and the purple and white Stealth..

I know two D1 schools that will be using Xeno. One of those schools is requiring nothing less than a 25 oz bat.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Anderson does sponsor a few D1 teams. The biggest reason you do not see them like you do Easton, Worth or Louisville is that softball is a title 9 sport and the SB department uses what ever their money making departments use.

If you look at D2 or 3 you will see a ton of Anderson bats. Where the coach lets the kids use what ever bat they want.

The 04/05 R/T was banned by NCAA D1 because of the ball exit speed.

The knob on the R/T has a patent on it by Anderson and was made for a specific reason. It is ment to lay almost in the palm of the hand for extra whip.

Alot of the reason that R/T wont work for alot of people is that when you are buying a certain size you are buying swing weight not the actual weight of the bat. Anderson actually weighs on the avg 2 to 2.5 oz heavier than their sold weight. So if little suzy swang a 31/21 and dad sees a kid clobber a ball and goes and buys his dd a r/t the same size he has actually put her in a 31/23.5 and dosent know until its to late that she cant swing it.

It takes a certain hand path to swing a heavy end loaded bat like the R/T. That is probably the best reason I can come up with that a newer bat would out preform the older model. to put it simply the person swinging the bat has the hand path geared towards the more balanced bat and can get the most out of it.

Some will say that the bat wasnt made for power hitters. What most do not realize is that the bat needs to be rotated every swing, when you create a wave from a shot the next at bat rotate it and the wave will move on the other side of the outer wall. Thats how it was designed to be used. Most either couldent swing it fast enough or with the correct hand path to make full use of the bats double wall design.

I have seen 325 foot shots with the R/T. I have yet to see a newer style bat do that. In the hands of a true power hitter the older r/t is no longer a bat it becomes a weapon. For us that have metal heads for dd,s , it was and is the ultimate bat ever produced and will never be duplicated.

Tim

Although its marketed as a slowpitch bat, I'm trying to get my hands on an Anderson Nanotek Omega. It has the RT endload, but the larger sweetspot of the Nanotek. According to a guy who knows a guy, the college ladies have liked swinging the 26 oz model.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Tim has a dd playing D1 softball that is dangerous with an RT in her hands. His dd is one of only a handfull that picked up Bustos's bat and jacked the ball. He is 100% correct when he talks about hand path and exit speeds on bats. He is also a pretty good hitting coach.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Has anyone hit or have opinions on the 2012 rocketech? We will have to go with it for U trip next year. Currently swinging an '05.

Dec 18, 2010
In Spring went to a tourney at Texas Woman's Univ. and 9 out of 10 home runs were hit with RT's. DD did not take to a SCN5b but does like the RT so I have a NIW 30/21 SCN5B to get rid of now.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The 04 RT in particular was not very durable. In the hands of a power hitter it's lifetime is limited. I lost two, one to a 14U TB batter and one to a HS JV batter.

The '04 I have now is hardly ever used because the most popular bats nowadays seem to be the older Synergy and the current Xeno's and DeMarini's, and the purple and white Stealth..

I know two D1 schools that will be using Xeno. One of those schools is requiring nothing less than a 25 oz bat.

Went through several later year models of the RT. Have some scattered about the house ... only good enough for performing dry swings at this point. Eventually quit purchasing RT because of their relatively short lifespan.

Oct 14, 2008
Has anyone hit or have opinions on the 2012 rocketech? We will have to go with it for U trip next year. Currently swinging an '05.

The reviews on the 11 were good I cant see the 12 being any different. As a coach I would not have one issue with buying a R/T for a team bat.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877