Swing Sequence

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Main objective: lower body driven swing, upper body getting loaded back as you fall out to toe touch.
I don't have any current video of Casey, just still sequence shots. I am the team photographer for her school team and summer team and I take hundreds of photos for them and post them on the team websites. (summer team)
Swing sequences:

Straightleg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I usually give my camera to the first person that doesn't run when they see me coming, with the camera, so I can do parts of swings.
I get a lot of stepping towards first pics.

would it be possible maybe you caption your pics,.... vocabulary sequence(what) The vocabulary of the swing sequence is skewed at times.

moving out
i-gzMBqRL-M.jpg

i-c4GtTcx-S.jpg

load in the unload separation launch attack position
i-LGcLCnx-S.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
Just some solid info for newbies visiting here. Never go off still shots of anyone as a sole basis of teaching the swing. Anyone can reach the important position in a still shot, it's about how they get to those points that matter and only unedited video will show the complete path, good or bad.

Not directed at anyone in this thread just something that needed to be pointed out

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Daughter of mine..:)

Casey swung early on this change up, her teammates dad was taking photos this day and was inside the fence. She hit this ball Mach 1 into the fence infront of her dug out right where he was standing.
He was looking through his camera lens.
He has photos of the ball 3 inches from his head.
The ball missed his face and camera by 1 inch, hit the fence and ricocheted down the field before he could take the camera from his face.
Lucky, Lucky, man.....:)

SL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck