Swing Plane and upright position at contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It's not a difficult question .... was TM correct when he stated “Your bottom hand is pulling against this top hand to create the arc of the barrel”?

The answer is 'yes'.

I’ve long been an advocate of turning the barrel. That said, it would be wrong for me to ignore the importance of the bottom-hand/lead-arm in that regard. A big part of being able to think of the swing as a whole body type action has to do with the lead-arm’s contribution here. It’s why the slack should be taken out of the core during the move out (i.e., stretch).

Jun 8, 2016
Good for you. On which hand have you developed calluses from swinging? The bottom-hand, top-hand, or both? Where on the hand are these calluses located?

If I remember correctly when I played my batting glove on my bottom hand (left hand in my case) used to wear at the base of my fingers and at around the 4 or 5 'oclock position at the bottom of my hand were the knob would rub as I was turning the barrel. In TM video you can see when he swiveling the knob is rotating in his hand right about where I mention...

Not Spartans21 obviously but I figured I would chime in :p At this point I would probably have them on my elbows and shoulders where I would be rubbing
in the Ben Gay every day...;)

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
If I remember correctly when I played my batting glove on my bottom hand (left hand in my case) used to wear at the base of my fingers and at around the 4 or 5 'oclock position at the bottom of my hand were the knob would rub as I was turning the barrel. In TM video you can see when he swiveling the knob is rotating in his hand right about where I mention...

Excellent Pattar.

A common place for thickened calluses to develop is on the bottom hand .... towards the base of the fingers ... especially the base of the middle finger and ring finger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207