Swing Plane and upright position at contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
So this comment has nothing to do with her actual swing, but rather where she is doing the swinging. Does she swing the same way outside or in a more open area? I ask because I notice she poked her bat at the ceiling before she got into her stance to swing...I'm wondering if subconsciously she feels like she may hit the wall or ceiling if she truly swings freely and therefore is swinging a bit "cramped" in that space.

Jun 8, 2016
So this comment has nothing to do with her actual swing, but rather where she is doing the swinging. Does she swing the same way outside or in a more open area? I ask because I notice she poked her bat at the ceiling before she got into her stance to swing...I'm wondering if subconsciously she feels like she may hit the wall or ceiling if she truly swings freely and therefore is swinging a bit "cramped" in that space.

Could be effecting her but her swing might actually improve if her thought process was trying "to hit in a phone booth"

May 12, 2016
Much better. Thank you.

The swing is lost at this point ....

dfp1_zpsshs2dofz_swingislosthere.gif

Thanks to everybody for replying.. can't say that I am not a little confused , lol. Let's start here though. What do you mean by the swing is lost here? Don't you want the upper body to advance with the hands trailing behind to create bat lag?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG1IImV0inA

May 12, 2016
Thanks to everybody for replying.. can't say that I am not a little confused , lol. Let's start here though. What do you mean by the swing is lost here? Don't you want the upper body to advance with the hands trailing behind to create bat lag?

I am not comparing my daughter to Lauren Chamberlain..lol. However her upper body advances forward as well with her no step approach. I do know however that my daughters upper body is getting over her front side too much, I mentioned this earlier on in the thread. These are things I know we need to correct.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
However her upper body advances forward as well with her no step approach.

tumblr_nomkokcA7Q1usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_nox8rk5TLe1usf292o1_540.gif

dfp1_zpsshs2dofz.gif

If Chamberlain is your DD's 'hitting model' then you may want to study her swing a little closer. Your DD and Chamberlain have 2 very different hitting patterns/sequences. The 'no step' /stride is truthfully the only thing they have in common.

Added: Chamberlains bat is in her hands. Your DD's bat is in her arms.

May 12, 2016
tumblr_nomkokcA7Q1usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_nox8rk5TLe1usf292o1_540.gif

dfp1_zpsshs2dofz.gif

If Chamberlain is your DD's 'hitting model' then you may want to study her swing a little closer. Your DD and Chamberlain have 2 very different hitting patterns/sequences. The 'no step' /stride is truthfully the only thing they have in common.

Added: Chamberlains bat is in her hands. Your DD's bat is in her arms.

No she's not her hitting model.. I think you've lost context in regard to what I am referring to here when posting a video of Lauren Chamberlain. 5 Frames posted an animated gif saying my daughters swing was done here. A lot of people on here have made the comment that my daughters upper body is moving forward. I'm simply saying that so is Chamberlains. I am trying to understand what the difference so I can correct it

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
5 Frames posted an animated gif saying my daughters swing was done here. A lot of people on here have made the comment that my daughters upper body is moving forward. I'm simply saying that so is Chamberlains. I am trying to understand what the difference so I can correct it
Like I said wait for FFS answer to your question.

May 12, 2016
Like I said wait for FFS answer to your question.

So why make the thread convoluted with multiple comparisons between my daughters and Chamberlains swing when all I am referring to is the forward motion of the upper body? I specifically said I am not comparing my daughters swing to Chamberlain's....

"""""
Quote Originally Posted by julray View Post

I am not comparing my daughter to Lauren Chamberlain..lol. However her upper body advances forward as well with her no step approach. I do know however that my daughters upper body is getting over her front side too much, I mentioned this earlier on in the thread. These are things I know we need to correct.
"""""

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

So why make the thread convoluted with multiple comparisons between my daughters and Chamberlains swing when all I am referring to is the forward motion of the upper body? I specifically said I am not comparing my daughters swing to Chamberlain's....
Because YOU posted Chamberlain swing and made this comment....
I am not comparing my daughter to Lauren Chamberlain..lol. However her upper body advances forward as well with her no step approach.]

So why make the thread convoluted with multiple comparisons between my daughters and Chamberlains swing
Silly me because you started the 'convoluted' rabbit hole that I went down. Like I said wait for FFS to answer your question.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA