Swing Plane and upright position at contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN

Setting the record straight... I just noticed how you framed the screen shots to make it look like I was the one looking for a fight. No wonder everyone was coming after me. Not to throw Spartans under the buss, but he was the one commenting about fighting. Turns out that JJblume is the deceitful one...

mis-quoted.JPG

While it might seem like HI members come here looking for a fight, it's quite the opposite. We come here to spread knowledge and our experiences, but we know that as soon as we do, we will be attacked. On the contrary JJblume and Cannonball didn't start posting in this thread until after the HI video was posted. They are more interested in making personal attacks than helping.

Looking at the first 5 pages, anyone can see that people spreading HI type content were the first to offer support.

Dec 4, 2013
Whether or not this explanation is spot on, "turning the barrel" is really eye opening once you try it. Each instructor has their own cues for teaching kids. Sometimes the cues aren't exactly what happens in real life, but the thought or feel of the cue helps the student "get" it. Finding the cue that works for each kid is the majic.

Does this mean you are canceling my TVT order? :D

Dec 4, 2013
Setting the record straight... I just noticed how you framed the screen shots to make it look like I was the one looking for a fight. No wonder everyone was coming after me. Not to throw Spartans under the buss, but he was the one commenting about fighting. Turns out that JJblume is the deceitful one...

View attachment 11980

While it might seem like HI members come here looking for a fight, it's quite the opposite. We come here to spread knowledge and our experiences, but we know that as soon as we do, we will be attacked. On the contrary JJblume and Cannonball didn't start posting in this thread until after the HI video was posted. They are more interested in making personal attacks than helping.

Looking at the first 5 pages, anyone can see that people spreading HI type content were the first to offer support.

Shocked-face_zpsdmgfih73.png

uhhhhhh...............Thanks brah? :confused:

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
JJblume has a long and colorful past. He clearly has some interest in and knowledge of softball, but at this time, is not a "play well with others" kind of person. Sadly, his current profile will be banned soon. Instead of learning and finding a way to add, he continues to troll and fall down the same hole he digs for himself--time and time again. I wish the best for folks and hope that someday he finds the desire to add and not compete for the perceived "win" at any cost.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Similar......Seems like Rich is still keeping the knob above his forearm though as BM is advocating it goes under........

I'm not a fan of what Rich is doing there ...... my guess is that he is attempting to induce a 'gear' like action ... basically a sync'd automation of the upper and lower body ..... but I'm guessing. Personally, if you are going to do such a drill, then know what it is you are attempting to extract from the drill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24