Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Check out how the ML hitters have a pause without the pause. Meaning the hands/upper body have a pause in them and ready to swing. The lowerbody is ready on every pitch and wouldn’t stop/pause unless an adjustment is being made.

I need to do this much better.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Check out how the ML hitters have a pause without the pause. Meaning the hands/upper body have a pause in them and ready to swing. The lowerbody is ready on every pitch and wouldn’t stop/pause unless an adjustment is being made.

I need to do this much better.

Dynamic balance ?? Do You see Bonds stop/pause on his adjustment to the off-speed pitch ?

IY36z3t.gif

Bonds gets fyb with dynamic balance.. This allows him to go with the outside pitch or turn on the inside pitch.

WilWtlj.gif

The balanced up-front actions is what allows him to get fyb with dynamic balance.

fGqpDz4.gif

AcEApXl.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Bonds, up-front balanced actions allows for the movements and the swing to be reactive and natural.

1STqj4K.gif

Bonds barrel "un-tipping" is a natural reaction to what was done up-front.

WnMofwA.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I have a new use for the bag, drills.
When the bat hits the bag you should be listening for a LOUD POP; not a heavy impact!
If you are feeling the impact in your hands and wrists you are not throwing the barrel freely.
The bag should be point of contact; not extension through the ball.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
TDS

I used a term in the past, changing the direction of the knob. The pause without the pause just means there’s there’s a point where the hands are ready. The hands are done going back and ready to move forward is how most would see it.