Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Notice the recoil in the follow through, of the barrel heading back to be pointing back toward the field. Some will bring the bat back toward the center of the field.

The swing posted by WW.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I need to maintain my tilt. It will change my swing path.

Or should I say gives me a chance to change my swing path.😜

I think you should let the hands dictate where the shoulders go. There are other issues though. The way you generate force is through rotation. Probably should think like Bregman.

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Notice the recoil in the follow through, of the barrel heading back to be pointing back toward the field. Some will bring the bat back toward the center of the field.

The swing posted by WW.

try to mimick the width of the feet in the gif.

edit: when launching your swing.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, how about for kicks and giggles you try to do what Betts is doing here. Or watch the Yelich Barry Bonds thing and do that. Forget about all this snf and start with the feeling and actually swinging down on the ball.

My son Connor started getting a big loop in his swing. I did the BB drill (or what you see here with Betts) and he started hitting lasers. It is a great way to clean up your path and to get you to focus on the things you should and let the things that are reactive, be reactive. We as batting instructors often (or even a majority of the time) over coach, especially on things that occur, but are reactive. When a player starts focusing on making things happen actively that are reactive then a lot of confusion occurs.

Just try it and video yourself doing it. Start with pounding the ball into the ground, and then gradually bring it up. It could change your perspective, it did for me. And if not, well, at least you know.

I will try it. I have one question do you have video of your kid swinging down? I would
like to see the change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13