Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Fro
The fact that you are comparing a tennis backhand to an elite swing is proof you are way way off.
I don't recall ever seeing baseball swing where the hitter stands in the box and swings the bat with one hand. Of course the back hand is better comparison.. many tennis players use two hands when going to backhand..

Reactions: TDS
Jun 8, 2016
This:
1586735442759-gif.17059
1586733885136-gif.17055

Is the same 'move':
Your just don't see it...feel it....
I liked this only because I saw @julray, @Work=wins and @Buttermaker all like it so I figured it was some sort of magic "like" and I would get something for it but now all I see is my name next to those two donkeys and @Buttermaker j/k :LOL:

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Fro

I don't recall ever seeing baseball swing where the hitter stands in the box and swings the bat with one hand. Of course the back hand is better comparison.. many tennis players use two hands when going to backhand..

I hear you Julray. The comparison is the lower half closing off more as the strike happens. Reciprocal rotation.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, another way to think of it is the handle of the slingshot is the rear leg. Stretch behind the handle. Sudden barrel turn (and by sudden I mean more sudden than most will ever know. It takes practice and your forearms will hate you) releases the slingshot. The handle (leg) will snap/turn forward once the resistance against the leg is gone. You are not trying to rotate your spine. The feeling is very direct and towards the opposite field which happens to be inline with the stretch behind leg. But the rear leg will turn the turning barrel into the ball. Believing the front side is the handle will never allow you to drive the ball oppo field bc you have to rotate and/or push your barrel to the ball.

Understanding the feeling in this clip may change your mind more than my words

pmLLfZ9Zg

I do see what your saying. I will try to focus on this the next time I swing. I’m trying to focus on the back leg, it just takes some time to change your thinking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors