Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Yes I plan on exercising and getting in shape. 👍
Check out intermittent fasting. Eat all your meals over an 8 hour period. Then NO CALORIES for the other 16 hours. Sounds tough and it is for 2-3 days. Then you get used to it. 2 weeks later, the pounds start dropping off. I lost 20lbs in 8 weeks.
Stay on the plan and I'm down 30 lbs from when I started. And I eat whatever I want and as much as I want, just stick within the time frame.

Jul 29, 2013
According Zepp Training Center:
Baseball Pro AVG bat speed is 75-90 MPH

Blast Motion:
Professional: 63 – 75 mph
College: 58 – 70 mph
Travel Ball 16U – 18U: 54 – 66 mph
High School Varsity: 49 – 63 mph
High School Junior Varsity: 42 – 56 mph
Travel Ball 12U – 14U: 38 – 52 mph
Recreational: 32 – 46 mph

Softball
Elite hitters in College Top at 80 mph, and average 75 mph
Pro hitters average 70 - 85 mph, top at 80 - 90 mph

@ 34 Drop 8 -> 78 to 80 mph

Simply amazing
Since doing this in private via dm isn't acceptable to you.....
Too often guys here just spout stuff that has no basis in fact or reason so someone needs to pull them aside and set them straight with some actual results.
Sooooo....

Sounds like a challenge. Would you like some proof?
If you like I could post a Zepp screen shot.
Then I could post a video and you could time the ball flight on the YouTube clock. Then do the math....
velocity=gt/2*sin of the angle
and I'll give you high launch angles of 30-45 degrees to keep the speed to a reasonable number.
How's that sound?

I am proud of my dd's accomplishment. I'm prone to boast and realize that's frowned upon here.
I'm also happy to share what I've learned through trial and error.
But I can only lead a horse.....

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What if you started more coiled? Get into this position, see pic. Create a good coil and then work on getting there or loading into that position.7B2AD876-8F9B-43C3-958E-B935CBF75B24.jpeg

May 12, 2016
Since doing this in private via dm isn't acceptable to you.....
Too often guys here just spout stuff that has no basis in fact or reason so someone needs to pull them aside and set them straight with some actual results.
Sooooo....

Sounds like a challenge. Would you like some proof?
If you like I could post a Zepp screen shot.
Then I could post a video and you could time the ball flight on the YouTube clock. Then do the math....
velocity=gt/2*sin of the angle
and I'll give you high launch angles of 30-45 degrees to keep the speed to a reasonable number.
How's that sound?

I am proud of my dd's accomplishment. I'm prone to boast and realize that's frowned upon here.
I'm also happy to share what I've learned through trial and error.
But I can only lead a horse.....
Like I told you in PM, do I think you are full of shirt and arrogant sometimes? Yes. For example "set me straight", cmon man who the heck do you think you are? , lol. . Am I challenging you here? No. Not everybody knows what good bat speed is, so I am adding fact and basis to your initial post. 78-80 MPH does not mean a whole lot if you have nothing to compare it against, a target. Like I said, your daughter has Pro Elite + average bat speed, unbelievable, wow, amazing etc...!! What are you so paranoid about?

And you should be proud, I am happy for you and your DD and the success she is having/had.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Check out intermittent fasting. Eat all your meals over an 8 hour period. Then NO CALORIES for the other 16 hours. Sounds tough and it is for 2-3 days. Then you get used to it. 2 weeks later, the pounds start dropping off. I lost 20lbs in 8 weeks.
Stay on the plan and I'm down 30 lbs from when I started. And I eat whatever I want and as much as I want, just stick within the time frame.

I’ll try it. I have a bad habit of eating late in the evening. Stopping that will help a great deal.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If the body doesn’t load the posterior and hips in the sagittal.. maintaining posture and balance is a crap shoot. Just sayin.

1586375385428.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad