Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2019
Based on some of Pete's other swings, StickMan Pete may have been swinging at off speed.
Good point.

Maybe the issue with Marcela's swing is that pattar is tossing lollipops to her in bp, and she's all geared up for the heater.

"Give it some gas, old man!" -Marcela (probably)

Jun 8, 2016
Good point.

Maybe the issue with Marcela's swing is that pattar is tossing lollipops to her in bp, and she's all geared up for the heater.

"Give it some gas, old man!" -Marcela (probably)
Cut me some slack, I tried throwing windmill to her from twice the distance I usually do (about 30 to 35 feet) a while back and jacked up my bicep (because I am an old man and my windmill mechanics suck arse) :LOL:

Aug 2, 2019
Cut me some slack, I tried throwing windmill to her from twice the distance I usually do (about 30 to 35 feet) a while back and jacked up my bicep (because I am an old man and my windmill mechanics suck arse) :LOL:
Last time I tried to pitch BP windmill I think I ended up spending most of the practice showing a 10U rec team how to " just rub some dirt on it".

Jun 8, 2016
Last time I tried to pitch BP windmill I think I ended up spending most of the practice showing a 10U rec team how to " just rub some dirt on it".
I am ok from anything 20 ft and under..after that my lousy mechanics hinder me greatly..

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't like today's swings. I was trying to create a strong change of direction, upperbody/hands going back as the lowerbody/hips move forward/turn. It looks like the upperbody dominated the sequence instead of creating a strong coil is the lowerbody/hips.

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2