Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
In this case my guess leverage is being used as a verb, e.g. replace the word leverage with the phrase "use to maximum advantage"
You're an engineer, right?
Use what exactly and how exactly?
Forget the human aspect which only allows blurring the lines.
Build a machine.

Jun 8, 2016
You're an engineer, right?
Use what exactly and how exactly?
Forget the human aspect which only allows blurring the lines.
Build a machine.
Like I said, that is a question for the person who uses the phrase. I'm not an expert in biomechanics...

Jul 29, 2013
At least he admits it’s longer and you should hit against the hips. Changed his tune from before. And according to him the core causes rotation. I’m good with that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

now his duff has to admit his legs opening his hips Is long and slow as well. Tooo much slack. What do you say duff?
Cherry picking again?
Please provide proof other than because WW says so.
You've got no visual proof, no science, no math...... nothing but your blubbering nonsense.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Leverage....
A lever is a rigid beam anchored on a fixed hinge so....
Wouldn't that mean the leg is anchored so as to be used to push against to gain mechanical advantage?
Hence the Tewks video.

I cherry pick?! That position Tewks is in is not a real position during any swing. LOL. Hip extension is because of Good rotation. Not pushing the hip into extension. It’s a result. Use your obliques. Open and drag and push is slow Bobby

Jun 8, 2016
But the mechanics are the same. Physics is the same.
Right the governing equations are the same but you cannot ignore the material specific aspect of the equations. Just saying to build a machine, where the stresses are generated and dissipated differently from the human body, is not going to cut it. Trying to build a model to explain hitting is fools gold imo. Use your own eyes to determine whether or not the kid you are working with has the aspects which you see in a good swing. When you identify flaws, determine the best path forward to correct them. The latter is the main utility of boards like this imo.

Anyway, like I said, the question was posed to @TDS what he meant by leveraging the front side. I don't want to put words in his mouth so I will let him answer further if the answers he has provided so far are not sufficient.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Cherry picking again?
Please provide proof other than because WW says so.
You've got no visual proof, no science, no math...... nothing but your blubbering nonsense.

Post your work again. That’s all the proof I need.

I think you have never experienced high level softball. You want a longer swing? I don’t think anyone on here has ever requested or muttered such nonsense. You are the first and probably the last! Feel special? Well I think you’re special Bobby! LOL !

Jun 8, 2016
Post your work again. That’s all the proof I need.

I think you have never experienced high level softball. You want a longer swing? I don’t think anyone on here has ever requested or muttered such nonsense. You are the first and probably the last! Feel special? Well I think you’re special Bobby! LOL !
Are we talking longer in time or space? You know my position on these two things not necessarily being the same...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying