Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Everyone who's ever fallen a tree with an axe, knows that there's two types of swings needed to accomplish it (one that's the correct for hitting, and one that is incorrect)....
3NgHTbE.gif

The axe head (barrel) coming over the shoulder to "swing down" is incorrect when hitting a baseball...
1624908334458-gif.22716

...and not what Ted ever advocated.

The axe head (barrel) being brought around and under the rear shoulder is what all MLB hitters do....
oLorlXi.gif
1FYMdJR.gif

....and what Ted showed and talked about through his entire book.

Please do, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing it.

I already quoted him wrt "Get on top". He said, and I quote....

case closed.

Apr 11, 2015
W=W

I think Ted admits on video that he was wrong about swinging level.
Yes, right in the introduction of the SoH he said he used to talk about the "level swing", but that he later learned that was incorrect....

The “level swing,” for example, has always been advocated. I used to believe it, and I used to say the same thing. But the ideal swing is not level, and it’s not down, and I’ll tell you why as we get to it. I’ll also tell you why wrist “snap” is overrated— and how wrong you are if you think you hit the ball with rolling wrists (as in golf). And I’ll also tell you why left-handed pull hitter T. S. Williams does not think a pulled ball is something to strive for, and why he may have been a better left-hand hitter if he had not been a natural right-hander.

Might just be me, but I've never considered Twitter a reliable source of reference or information (too many Twitter warriors), but prefer to go the actual document(s) from the sources themselves.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
W=W

I think Ted admits on video that he was wrong about swinging level.

the only way to be up through the ball and pull it like Ted did was to swing down so he didn’t release the barrel to early and catch the ball out front to the pull field.

1624944340844.gif

that barrel sure is traveling down for most of this gif. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yes, right in the introduction of the SoH he said he used to talk about the "level swing", but that he later learned that was incorrect....

Might just be me, but I've never considered Twitter a reliable source of reference or information (too many Twitter warriors), but prefer to go the actual document(s) from the sources themselves.

Thanks, I knew he said he was wrong somewhere.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
the only way to be up through the ball and pull it like Ted did was to swing down so he didn’t release the barrel to early and catch the ball out front to the pull field.

View attachment 22721

that barrel sure is traveling down for most of this gif. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes !! Swinging "down to" removes the loop while ttb behind creates a loop..

JztfOzz.gif

IHNUHYI.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi