Survey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
We're on our own with support from her team coaches. The only two PC's I'd trust DD with are booked and over an hour away... I'm always on the lookout for someone. I spend a little time with her at team workouts and her coaches are very good at supporting and reinforcing her focus points. I had her come in to the gym last night after my last girl, which was fun because she did some demo and I had the student evaluate DD's form and had her make suggestions! It was fun for the littler one and DD was very gracious in accepting the advice!

It was good to spend time actually working on things 1:1 with her rather than sitting quietly on a bucket or here-and-there at team workouts. She took a very active role in her work. Hoping this can continue!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
PC once a month, $100, 2 hours from home. The rest is with me and DFP. I really like our PC. Have only been 4 times. It helps that he is saying what I have been saying for at least a year from what I have learned here.

Dec 27, 2014
Off season is PC once a week plus 1-2 times throwing with me or team catcher. 10 yo.

Last season was DD's first season of pitching. We did just a few lessons between April and the end of July. First time she had been on a little league team and a competitive team so we did not want to risk burning her out as she had a practice or game most nights of the week. She is now established on her teams this season so it will make it easier to fit in lessons through the season.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
We did almost a 1yr with a bowling coach, then dd got injured (broke both feet and ankles one after another, one break was on growth plate. Sucked cuz before that she had Severs really bad) and was out of softball for almost 2yrs. When she got healthy we started with a coach that believes in I/R but doesn't really teach it. She directed me to this site. We have been with her for 1.5 yrs 30min lessons once a week, and the progress Rose has made is monumental! (She's 45min away) We are at a point now where the PC is really there to reinforce what I'm teaching and to help me when we get stuck.. I'm the pitching coach at the High School and I have a couple of private students, it's hard to coach your own kid, which is why we go to a PC, Rose listens so much better when it's not coming from my mouth. but really who knows better then me what she needs to work on (apart from all the experts on DFP that watch her videos and help me of course! To which I'm forever grateful!!)

This site is priceless to me, I'm a VIP member and would gladly pay more to be a part of this.....I need to start making donations, it's so worth it.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
Our PC is 45 minutes each way. I tried to find one closer when she moved farther away but they're all HE. I'd rather do it myself than have her learn wrong. I feel much more capable these days but I still like having someone with real experience and more than book (well, message board) knowledge who can evaluate how she's doing. It's especially nice when we have a lesson after a tourney where she's off and we can figure out what she's doing wrong. I can't always see it. Once it was leaning forward again. This weekend her change up was a rainbow. Seems like there's always something that needs addressing.

Jul 17, 2012
Used to go to a Local PC every week, but learned that a lot of the "little" things she taught were quite counterproductive. So since mid December, we've gotten the luxury of a couple sessions with Javasource via a 7 hour round trip drive from NEPA to Western NY. We're about due for another visit... "Hint Hint...Mike" ;) Those 2 sessions, along with a lot of video shared have done WONDERS for my daughter. I don't think there's anyone better out there than Java. The man knows his $#%@.

Jan 22, 2011
I grew up about 3.5 hours from Javasource. After meeting him last weekend, next time I take my DD to visit gramma, we are going to get 'lost' and head southwest instead of east from Syracuse.

Dec 16, 2010
DD sees Denny Tincher 2-3 times a year. Hoping to do the same with Rick Pauly but no luck so far.

Other than Denny, it's mostly my flawed attempts to pass on I/R, B/I, and javasource drive mechanics.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
DD sees Denny Tincher 2-3 times a year. Hoping to do the same with Rick Pauly but no luck so far.

Other than Denny, it's mostly my flawed attempts to pass on I/R, B/I, and javasource drive mechanics.

Are you are passing on doing I/R B/I & D/M... or just doing a flawed job of teaching it yourself ???

Dec 16, 2010
"Are you are passing on doing I/R B/I & D/M... or just doing a flawed job of teaching it yourself ???"

I am doing a flawed job of teaching (dd would say inflicting) it myself.

Sorry, i rite porely.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1