Survey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Just curious

How many of you go it alone, meaning you have no pitching coach and are working with your DD? (either by learning here or elsewhere)

How many of you see a PC every week?

Jun 12, 2015
We see the PC every other week these days but we definitely do a LOT on our own. Everything I know I've learned here, pretty much.

Jan 22, 2011
My general philosophy for all instruction is to go for 3 or 4 lessons in a row to fix things, then go by ourselves for a while until she needs tune-ups. I do that both with pitching and hitting. My DD is a 2005 and has only had maybe 8 or 9 pitching lessons in the past 4 years. She has watched a lot of softball since she was born and has watched Hillhouse's videos a couple times.

As you know, I'm willing to invest in educating myself. Recorded close to 6 hours of video of some pretty good pitching instruction last Friday and Saturday. I took a lot of video of your DD and Perfect Circle's DD's group Saturday afternoon since there was a lefty in it and plan on pulling out some good examples to put in Coach's Eye and Kinovea to show my DD.

Also planning on taking her to Rich Balswick twice during spring break and if they hit it off do it 4 to 6 times total and see how that works.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2015
During the season were at the PC every other week. During the Winter it's typically every week. Often the hour is split half pitching half hitting, depending upon how things are going.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
My general philosophy for all instruction is to go for 3 or 4 lessons in a row to fix things, then go by ourselves for a while until she needs tune-ups. I do that both with pitching and hitting. My DD is a 2005 and has only had maybe 8 or 9 pitching lessons in the past 4 years. She has watched a lot of softball since she was born and has watched Hillhouse's videos a couple times.

As you know, I'm willing to invest in educating myself. Recorded close to 6 hours of video of some pretty good pitching instruction last Friday and Saturday. I took a lot of video of your DD and Perfect Circle's DD's group Saturday afternoon since there was a lefty in it and plan on pulling out some good examples to put in Coach's Eye and Kinovea to show my DD.

Also planning on taking her to Rich Balswick twice during spring break and if they hit it off do it 4 to 6 times total and see how that works.

Enjoyed getting to meet you...& film with you.... it was a dangerous spot...:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma