Struggling with Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2020
Don’t expect dramatic changes in a short time frame. Making changes to muscle memory patterns can be very slow to change, especially under the stress of hitting in a game. This is normal. Part of the game is focused and consistent work on getting better.
thanks for the advice. We’re gonna keep working on it and hopefully she’ll get out of her bad habits. She wants to stay as the leadoff hitter for her school team so she’s really motivated to improve herself.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
thanks for the advice. We’re gonna keep working on it and hopefully she’ll get out of her bad habits. She wants to stay as the leadoff hitter for her school team so she’s really motivated to improve herself.
One of the best things you can do is learn right along with her, and be her guide in her journey. Learn about what makes for a good swing. Pick up a bat and feel things for yourself. This site is filed with great information, and people who have been down the same road.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Definitely bat drag, dropping the barrel, coupled with some arm bar, especially in the second swing. In the drill that's posted look at his front arm and notice how he keeps a lot of bend/flex in the front elbow. Bat drag is very difficult to fix. You do the drills but when it comes time to focus on an incoming pitch the old muscle memory takes over. You can go through the progression, dry drills, tee work, side toss, front toss and then live pitching, somehow the old muscle memory survives and reasserts itself.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
She has been having a hard time making contact with the ball and when she does make contact it’s usually been pretty weak. Any advice on what’s wrong with her swing?

1st thing I noticed is the front shoulder starting higher than back shoulder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez