Stretch and Fire Drill Focal Points

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2011
I want to integrate the SnF drill with my DDs. I have seen videos, but could some of you post the key things to focus on, variations, rationale, things NOT to do, common errors etc. for the drill? I want to get started doing it the right way. A video or two would be helpful actually.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
IMO, most important, is to get the stretch in the rear hip socket. You HAVE to stretch around the ball of the rear femur. A lot of people trying it and some who think they have it, are stretching around the spine.

You can stretch with your hips inside your rear foot. You can stretch with forward movement. A lot of pros do both. BUT I would recommend learning to do it well over and around your rear leg, and without forward movement first.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
IMO, most important, is to get the stretch in the rear hip socket. You HAVE to stretch around the ball of the rear femur. A lot of people trying it and some who think they have it, are stretching around the spine.

You can stretch with your hips inside your rear foot. You can stretch with forward movement. A lot of pros do both. BUT I would recommend learning to do it well over and around your rear leg, and without forward movement first.

Prefer "around and over" to "over and around" ... and "around and to" works quite well if taught properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom