Streaming College Games...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
OK, bear with me here...
I've built 2 homes, 2 hot rods...and I can't figure this out...gimme a hammer, pliers and some duct tape I can't figure out just about anything...but this live streaming is getting the best of me.

When it comes to streaming college fast pitch games on Watch ESPN on our main TV, I'm losing the battle

Here's what I've got to work so far...
On my desktop computer, I go to WatchESPN.com, click on my TV provider, (DirecTV), enter our username and password, and I'm watching live College Fast Pitch...(or old games as well)
Winthrop vs. U of South Carolina (riseball's DD) game was just on...
So I've got the computer streaming figured out.

We stream Netflix on the TV...you name it...but WatchESPN streaming with Chromecast is not working
I set up the Watch ESPN app, as well as the Chromecast app, on my Motorola phone.
I installed the ChromeCast stick in the SmarTV, got that all set up...I can cast YouTube vidoes and videos and pics from my Motorola phone to the TV with the ChromeCast stick...

But when it comes to using the ChromeCast app and Chromecast stick, I can't get the Live or old games to cast to the TV with the WatchESPN app...

Are any of you DFPers using ChromeCast on your phone and TV to stream WatchESPN with any luck?

Or are you using Roku or Amazon to view WatchESPN on your SmarTV?

Which one is easier, smoother, and more seemless?

I've Googled, YouTubed and phone called just about anything I can about this and it's not working out.

Thanks

Apr 14, 2011
Chromecast is working for me using WatchESPN from my iPhone and iPad. Works really well.

What OS is your Motorola phone? Do you have any iOS device to test it on?

Oct 2, 2015
goinglefty, are you casting your screen from your iPhone/iPad to the TV with the ChromeCast?
What type/brand of TV?

I've got a Motorola Turbo, all I could find was.... that it came with a Android OS 4.4 Kitkat, upgradable to 5.1 Lollipop, with a planned upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow

Apr 14, 2011
Yes. I am casting from my iOS device to my Samsung TV 5500 (I think is the model) it's a smart tv, but to use chromecast the TV doesn't have to be smart, it just needs an HDMI port.

I also tried casting from an android tablet I have just now. i can cast to my chromecast watch ESPN as well as other apps as well. It might be a bug with the version of the app with your android model. Another option is for you to try to cast from a PC using the chrome browser logged into watch ESPN. Good luck.

Jul 29, 2015
Yes. I am casting from my iOS device to my Samsung TV 5500 (I think is the model) it's a smart tv, but to use chromecast the TV doesn't have to be smart, it just needs an HDMI port.
How are you doing this? I have an iPhone with WatchESPN, a laptop with no HDMI output, and a Samsung Smart TV. I can watch on my iPhone or my laptop but I have no clue to get it on my TV.

Apr 14, 2011
How are you doing this? I have an iPhone with WatchESPN, a laptop with no HDMI output, and a Samsung Smart TV. I can watch on my iPhone or my laptop but I have no clue to get it on my TV.

Im using Google Chromecast. It's a $35 device that connects to your TV's HDMI port. It then connects to your device over wifi where you can "cast" the video to your TV. Basically makes a "dumb" tv "smart" by allowing it to have access to apps that support casting like Netflix, Hulu, WatchESPN etc.

www.google.com/Chromecast

Oct 10, 2011
Im using Google Chromecast. It's a $35 device that connects to your TV's HDMI port. It then connects to your device over wifi where you can "cast" the video to your TV. Basically makes a "dumb" tv "smart" by allowing it to have access to apps that support casting like Netflix, Hulu, WatchESPN etc.

www.google.com/Chromecast
I'm setting up Chromecast right now... Seems pretty easy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00