Streaming / Scoring Team Manager Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2022
Last spring we tried streaming and scoring my daughter's softball games using the Team Manager app but I had trouble logging into the same account from two different phones (one to stream, one to score) so we just stuck to streaming using TM and scoring on GC. I haven't attempted it again since last year and I'd like to migrate the whole operation to one app.

So now I'm just wondering if and how I can use the same account to stream and score the same game from two different phones?

d47sqw45bzu01-e1582542632454-1000x537.jpg

Jul 14, 2018
I don’t think it’s possible to use the same account on two devices simultaneously. My workaround has been to have DD create an account and I made her a team administrator.

My phone handles the streaming via a Mevo. I keep that portion on my phone since there is other software and setup involved. I then use DD’s phone with her account to score the game.

She shouldn’t be looking at her phone during a game anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 1, 2022
I don’t think it’s possible to use the same account on two devices simultaneously. My workaround has been to have DD create an account and I made her a team administrator.

My phone handles the streaming via a Mevo. I keep that portion on my phone since there is other software and setup involved. I then use DD’s phone with her account to score the game.

She shouldn’t be looking at her phone during a game anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I figured. Thanks for the help.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Josh, do you still think the Mevo is the best option for streaming games on GC TM?
I won't speak to GC TM, but rather streaming in general: Mevo is a usable device if the stock shot will work for you. But if you need to go wider, you are sunk. If you need to zoom, quality falls off. If it rains, it dies. Also, Mevo claims that damage to their stock tripod mount due to a fence impact is not covered under warranty as it is "not an action camera". Lots of limitations that are unnecessary. If GoPro would allow adjusting FOV and/or zoom while streaming, there would be no contest. For us, streaming with an old Android smartphone while also recording on a GoPro seems to be the best combination of risk and quality.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I won't speak to GC TM, but rather streaming in general: Mevo is a usable device if the stock shot will work for you. But if you need to go wider, you are sunk. If you need to zoom, quality falls off. If it rains, it dies. Also, Mevo claims that damage to their stock tripod mount due to a fence impact is not covered under warranty as it is "not an action camera". Lots of limitations that are unnecessary. If GoPro would allow adjusting FOV and/or zoom while streaming, there would be no contest. For us, streaming with an old Android smartphone while also recording on a GoPro seems to be the best combination of risk and quality.
Thanks for the input. GC doesn't allow you to zoom, so it's really just the need to focus from behind home plate for recruiting purposes. I have an old Note 8. Maybe I'll use that.

Sep 19, 2020
Lake Worth, FL
Last spring we tried streaming and scoring my daughter's softball games using the Team Manager app but I had trouble logging into the same account from two different phones (one to stream, one to score) so we just stuck to streaming using TM and scoring on GC. I haven't attempted it again since last year and I'd like to migrate the whole operation to one app.

So now I'm just wondering if and how I can use the same account to stream and score the same game from two different phones?

View attachment 25099

You can use the same account to score and the same account to stream. GC allows you to be logged into the same account with 2 logins. Kicks you out once you log into the same account with 3 devices.

What I do is just add another admin to the team--that way that admin can log in to stream the game, and I score the game.

Feb 1, 2022

That's basically my plan. Stream with my daughter's phone, record game on GoPro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles