Stat software - What is the best on the market

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
Hello,

I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best Softball Stat software on the market?
Right now I keep track of pitching stats, batting stats, fielding, and hitting spray charts.
I'm looking for something that would include all this information plus more and be able to print it out.

I currently use a website (free) called - Slugger Stats. This is for batting only.
Or does anyone have any type of excel spreadsheets developed that can be used to track softball stats?

Thanks

CU

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If you mean complete scorebook and stats; iscore or gamechanger apps. They are 50/50 in popularity.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
For the last six or so years I used Statbook, it is $20 for a download of the program and works on both Mac and PC. This year we are using GameChanger on an iPad. Statbook is an excellent program for just stats. You can even customize the "reports" which is a great feature.

After one tournament, iPad and GameChanger are FANTASTIC! Played around with iScore last year, but decided to use GameChanger because of it working with our website, facebook, etc. and the Alerts are a great feature.

Feb 27, 2012
GameChanger on iPad does it all. Livestream pitch by pitch on the web, email/text updates, scorebook view and numerous stats calculated automatically (offense, defense and pitching), batter history w/spray charts etc. Your players family and friends that can't make the game will feel like they are there. Suggestion - still keep a paper score book for back up. Batteries run down, iPad can overheat in July/August sunlight, ITB can be a nightmare to keep accurately (hear they are working on this), it is easy to use but it takes some time to learn how to make corrections quickly during live play - it doesn't have an eraser! If you have a paper scorebook you can always go back and manually enter corrections after the game.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
We use ESPN iscore and love it. It has saved me hundreds of hours of data entry and gives me more stats than I ever dreamed of keeping - useful stuff too.

Feb 16, 2012
I have had trouble with not being able to use Gamechanger when wi-fi is not available. Has anyone else come across this and how do you get around this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi