Stat software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
GameChanger and Iscore. They both have some anomalies you need to deal with.

These are the only 2 I have tried so I admit this is a limited opinion, I am sure there are other out there.

Mar 31, 2014
I prefer iScore because you don't have to have an internet to see the days stats. This wouldn't matter if you were only playing one game a day. I can't remember if gamechanger has the ability to pull rosters of other teams but iScore does have that ability and if the other team uses iScore you you can share lineups in other ways.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2012
I've used both iScore and GameChanger, and ultimately chose to use iScore a couple years ago. There are good and not-so-good aspects of each of the solutions but I found iScore to be more capable, with better and more comprehensive stats. Another key feature of iScore is the ability to group games in anyway you can imagine. Pool vs Bracket vs League, Seasons, Individual Tournaments, by age group (16A vs 18A competitors for example), etc, etc. That aspect of the system is very robust and user friendly.

The other reason we initially switched from GameChanger to iScore was cost. At that time the cost for our team approached $500 per year ($250 per season) for all of our families to be able to "see" the games remotely. The only cost for the team for iScore is the one-time cost of the App (which is $9.99).

There have been a number of enhancements to both solutions in the past 2 years, so my ability to do a valid comparison is limited. What I can say is there were some things that GameChanger did not handle well when dealing with situations unique to softball (substitution with a DP/Flex was one of them). I've never found a situation iScore did not handle well, albeit with a number of screen taps in some cases.

The best advise I was offered, and will relay to you, is install both and score a few games (ideally someone would be keeping score with your paper book so you don't have to do both), and/or find someone that uses each app and watch them score a game or two.

For the first year after beginning with an electronic system, I carried around my old paper book like a security blanket.... always convinced that the electronic system would fail. In time, I began to forget the book, and now I can't remember when I left it last. Further, I can't imaging going back to a situation were I would spend hours entering information into spreadsheets from the paper scorebook. Now when a game/tournament is over, my job is over as well....

A search on this subject in this forum will net several threads of very good information as well.

Good luck with the transition to an electronic system.....you'll look back some day in the near future and regret you didn't make the change sooner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole