Softball vs. Band

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2009
We have 3 weekend Marching band competitions in October. We have been invited to 2 showcases tournaments during those weekends. DD will be a Junior. Mom is not going to like it when I tell here we are going to Ronald McDonald Tournament LOL.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have 3 girls that are Mormon, no way would they be at anything on Sunday.

I am glad that the band director came to his senses. I bet he was kidding about the loss.

Feb 9, 2009
Update. The band director just called back and dd is off the hook for the concert. Did I mention it's tough to win an argument with my wife? After 15 years together I have learned to be happy if I can at least get her to quit beating a dead horse. I gave up winning (arguments) years ago.

Of course the band director had to say he hopes we lose!

start practicing your vice!! In a tall, frosted glass!
...and really? Softball isn't a vice?

Jan 20, 2010
I have 3 girls that are Mormon, no way would they be at anything on Sunday.

I am glad that the band director came to his senses. I bet he was kidding about the loss.

I was going to make that same comment. I know LDS kids who would take the F rather than attend.

We have a LDS girl on my daughter's 10u select team. She won't practice on Sundays but they do attend Sunday tournament games.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I can't believe he said that and I'm glad that the issue is now resolved.

Speaking of the religious stuff, we've had girls in our local rec league who (for religious reasons) didn't wear pants. They played softball in skorts, which was just an odd sight to me...

Oct 19, 2009
Update (again): OK, talked to wife and it was not conveyed this way the first time she told me but she says now that band director was kidding when he said he hopes we lose. Maybe he wants dd to come back to band next year?

This particular tournament should be pretty brutal for an early bird. 5 of the 12 teams are ranked top ten in the state including the top 2. Our pool includes the #6 and #1 team in the state. Our third game isn't against any slouch either. We aren't top ten but we got the "honorable mention". Wish us luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish