Slipping out of work for a game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD's team is playing about 15 minutes down the road in Quakertown today with a game a noon. I, am taking an extended lunch and taking in the game. With so many 18U games played during the week I am blowing through my vacation days like crazy. I never thought about buying extra vacation days but may consider it for next year.

Feb 12, 2014
I am very fortunate, my boss of 18yrs allows me to attend all of DD's games( Rec, School, Travel). If needed I will either come in early or comeback afterwards to make up the time to make sure the work gets done. In the three years she has been playing I have not had to miss one game. Last year she played over 100 games

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I hear you on the PTO days. I'm running out and the coach is talking about a 3 day tourney out of town. I don't think I'll be able to go.

What's the softball scene like in south Jersey, SE PA? I live in Seattle now, but grew up in Scwenksville, PA, not too far from Quakertown and think of moving back to the Philadelphia area.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I guess that's the one positive thing for me having shoulder surgery last month. I have got to go to all the games this summer. I will be taking a week off of work for nationals, though. A week in San Diego will be worth it!

Oct 22, 2009
PA
What's the softball scene like in south Jersey, SE PA? I live in Seattle now, but grew up in Scwenksville, PA, not too far from Quakertown and think of moving back to the Philadelphia area.

Lot's of teams and organizations - some really good, some not so good, and everything in between. There is a team (sometimes two or three!) for everyone.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I got there about 30 minutes into the game. Man it's humid today. They gave away a 4-1 lead in the last two innings. Kids making all kinds of unforced errors in front of coaches. A couple asked to see kids in position. I think it was the pressure of knowing a coach was there to see you. Anyway back to the office after a 1.5 hour lunch and no burned vacation days. Happy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA