Sliding ball on a stick?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2014
No clue what that thing is called but it is the most horrible tool you could ever put in a FP player's hands.

My DD's travel coach bought 2 of them and its done nothing but give them bad habits. It might be a good tool but maybe its the way he is telling them how to use it. At least 7 of the girls are now rotating their shoulders/hips early to get the ball to snap out. Now they are doing it at the plate. They are blowing their shoulders out BAD. I did do my daddy intervention and went behind coach's back and told my DD if she can get away with it, dont even pick it up. Their #4 hitter has to carry 1 of them with her at all times. I tried to tell her that if she made to use it to not take full swings but to use the "step count" they do on the tee and dont worry about getting ball to slide out until your arms are going to full extention.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This?
ProGlider
images

Pm straightleg he can recommend some thing else that you can make yourself.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
This?
ProGlider
images

Pm straightleg he can recommend some thing else that you can make yourself.

It is the Pro Glide and it is endorsed by John Tschida and Kristen Butler so it must have something going for it. But like any tool if used improperly it will not be very effective. It is a hitting tool not a magic wand, you can't just toss it out and say go for it.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't use that specific one. I use a dog Chuck It and tennis ball. I think that it is awesome and I incorporate it into every lesson. My GDD does have a toy one and I really don't see how you can use it incorrectly. It is pretty much self correcting.

Yes, I have seen them made with just a dowel rod and whiffle ball.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
If the focus is soley to get the ball off the stick then the girls will find the easiest way to do so.

Like any tool it can be misused.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207