Showcase Questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2015
Bump.

Would like to get an idea how many airplane tourneys are you taking per year if you're playing 16/18u "Gold".

Mar 26, 2013
The number of airplane trips is going to vary by region and schedule. Many people think SoCal teams don't travel due to the large number of local events, however top-tier teams make several trips a year on the national circuit:

- Fall: Florida D9 or Texas Ronald McDonald
- Summer:
- - NJ and/or Colorado
- - TC/USA Nats or USSSA Elite Select

Northwest teams tend to make a few trips to SoCal. Check out the summer schedules for a couple teams up there:
- Northwest Bullets Softball
- Washington Ladyhawks

I expect they make a couple more trips in the fall.

Sep 28, 2015
Do you all play a lot in the Fall? My dd's last team only did maybe three weekends. Her new team is playing 6. Do you find coaches come out in the fall or are too busy with their own seasons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2013
College coaches definitely come out in the fall here, mainly Oct and Nov. IME, they're finishing up the recruiting of players they started on over the summer and starting on players they'll finalize in winter. Coaches whose seasons begin in Feb are generally too busy to come out after early Jan, so their recruiting shifts to focus on unofficial visits for players they want to verbal.

Teams with a lot of uncommitted players that did well at high-level Nats over the summer (e.g. SD Renegades) should get a lot of attention this fall if they put together a good schedule and promote it with schools.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA