Shocked!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2013
So what is the point of hammering the drag into pitchers when it is not called at the D1 college level? Seriously, this was not an "iffy" call. This was blatant. Is this the gradual fazing out of the drag?

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
If some pitching instructors have their way, the leaping and crow hop rules will be dropped and then ALL THE PITCHERS WILL BE DOING IT.

Are the umpires going to call EVERY pitcher out there for illegal pitching? It amazes me how many pitching instructors teach mechanics that lead to those offenses.

Shame on them! AND< place the blame on them too!

Jan 23, 2009
If some pitching instructors have their way, the leaping and crow hop rules will be dropped and then ALL THE PITCHERS WILL BE DOING IT.

Are the umpires going to call EVERY pitcher out there for illegal pitching? It amazes me how many pitching instructors teach mechanics that lead to those offenses.

Shame on them! AND< place the blame on them too!

I am all for playing by the rules, and clear violations should be called.

However I find it a bit ironic that that you, a male, are complaining about coaches wanting the leaping and crow hop rule dropped when...

"MEN are allowed to leap, crow hop, and replant several feet closer to the plate in fastpitch"

And then people ooh and ahh when they can throw 80mph.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Mrek, they can throw 80 mph without all of the hopping. What has Hal being a male have anything to do with his opinion? In his day there was no hopping. Only in Canada did they do that.

Jan 23, 2009
Mrek, they can throw 80 mph without all of the hopping. What has Hal being a male have anything to do with his opinion? In his day there was no hopping. Only in Canada did they do that.

I know men can throw fast under stricter footwork rules.
I don't doubt Hal could throw fast using strict footwork rules.
But we are here, "Today", discussing footwork rules.

Why are there two sets of rules?
Essentially the same game, right?

Better yet... Why do people get so upset when "Practically All" of the Women's footwork rules are some of the most subjective "judgement rules" in the game?

Have to keep in contact with the ground... Oh except when the ground may be lower than the rubber.

It's subjective... like the strike zone.

That is where we are in the game... "Today".
Not Yesterday.

Perhaps some day the Women will "offically" get the freedom of the Men's game.
And from what I've seen personally at the NCAA level, they "sort of" do.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
With the exceptiom of one ISC tournament in 1978, I always played under ASA rules in ASA tournaments. I did not hop or leap and I threw faster than anyone else I ever competed against. I played by the rules and so did all my students.

I have been at training sessions put on by pitching instructors where they taught young pitchers to 'hop'. Why? "If the umps dont call it, why not do it'. That was the reputation that instructor had too.

There are mechanics being widely tauight that the pitcher almost cannot help but to leap or crow hop. THE BLAME FALLS ON THE INSTRUCTORS, NOT THE UMPIRES.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06